1994 Elite...time for big bore? Help me out!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Red Eft Performance
Elite
Elite

Re: 1994 Elite...time for big bore? Help me out!

Post by Red Eft Performance »

The pilot is the circuit that is lean when running stock carb with BBK

To try to richen it you are stuck with the mixture screw.

Try In between 3/4 to 1 turn out. and in between

Keith
Red Eft Performance
To benefit forum members REP will beat the price of any legit/active Business/website

Elite, Dio, Aero, AF16/AF05 Cylinder kits,Clutches,Variators,Belts,CDI boxes,Reeds,Clutch bells,Pipes
Malossi,Polini,Fabrizi,Anything!

View products click => Here
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

At one turn out from a cold start this morning I sputtered up to speed for about a mile. Once I got to around 30mph the sputtering stopped but acceleration was still not smooth and I still had hesitation when I tried to accelerate. After the scooter was warmed up it did not sputter so much from a dead stop but still did not have a smooth start.

I would really like to use my stock carb if possible, other people on this forum have posted about being able to use the stock carb. Any other hints on getting this running right? New jet size...anything else?
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

It actually seems to accelerate better from a dead stop with two turns out. Acceleration through the whole power band still seems sluggish though with hesitation. Anything I can do to get this running good would be awesome!

I am not against getting a new carb but for now I would love to just use the stock one...
cruzingratiot
Elite
Elite
Location: Detroit michigan , 2000 Purple elite s ,2001 Black elite s ,

Post by cruzingratiot »

rboarderi wrote: punch out second air box tab ?.
did you do this ??

and a good set of reeds would help
ask if anyone here bought a polini kit and didn't use the reeds
they helped on my stock bore bike
rboarderi wrote:It actually seems to accelerate better from a dead stop with two turns out. Acceleration through the whole power band still seems sluggish though with hesitation. Anything I can do to get this running good would be awesome!
I am not against getting a new carb but for now I would love to just use the stock one...
do you have a dremel?
the stock intake could use a little porting and port matching
expecially on the reed side
and if you have longer bits the turn inside needs smoothing
it helped with the midrange on my stock elite
Donate Life
6-7-04 Liver Transplant Recipitant
http://www.donatelife.net/
Thank You

My 2000 Mystic Purple Elite Build
LINK -> viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27850
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

I did not punch out the second tab. I also did not install the Malossi reeds that came with the kit because I wanted to use new gaskets. I just received the new gaskets this afternoon and wow does it run a ton better with the Malossi reeds. It was like night and day Honda reeds vs. Malossi reeds. It is running about 90% perfect right now. I'm sure a little more tuning it it will be great.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Everything I have read so far suggests you are still a bit rich. Adding a bit more air inlet size at the airbox will send you in the right direction. Opening up the other hole is basically free and pretty easy. If I am correct, you will be able to close the air screw to nearer 1 turn out and the plug will lighten a bit. Watch the temps when you coast throttle closed.

Someone here may know if the S exhaust is altogether different from the SR in addition to being throttled by that washer.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

So just to update everyone on my progress and so it might help others wanting the same set up, my elite is running great now. Here is a general run down of my specs:

Elite SR Oil Pump
75:1 in tank
Stock carb with drilled 91 jet / air screw about 1 turn out
Malossi cast kit
Destricted pipe
Naraku variator with 7 gram rollers
9:1 gears

Still breaking it in so I don't have a top speed but about 50 miles more and I will let you all know!
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

Have you finished breaking in yet? Would like to know the results as I too am planning on a similar setup to this. Bbk with a stock carb / pipe setup.
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
'98 Honda EK coupe - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - BOUGHT BACK/SOLD
'05 Arnada - CURRENT/UNDERCONSTRUCTION
HELLAFLUSHED!
BMX
BMX

Post by HELLAFLUSHED! »

Ripped as in good rip or bad? Lol
'86 Honda Aero 50 - SOLD
'89 Honda Elite E - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - TRADED
'98 Honda EK coupe - SOLD
'86 Honda Spree - BOUGHT BACK/SOLD
'05 Arnada - CURRENT/UNDERCONSTRUCTION
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

Yes I am done breaking it in. My top speed right now is 54.9 mph with stock pipe and carb. The only thing I have done since the mods in my last posts is a yellow malossi spring and Kevlar belt. The scooter rips but I'm still looking for a little more low end. I am thinking a carb and pipe are in my near future. Dont get me wrong, the scooter is fast as heck though, I'm just always looking for another mod haha. On the cheap...a set of gears, the malossi kit and a drilled jet will get you moving pretty fast! :)
bajack
Goped
Goped

Post by bajack »

a cht will save your top end, piston and cylinder. and treatland sells honda elite jets right now. i think you might have to search for spree, though. heh, i mihgt need to get me 1 or 2 of these.
rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Post by rboarderi »

Yes I have a temp garage and am keeping it in a good range. I am guessing a bigger carb could keep the temp lower though.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

Don't need bigger carb, Just use stock carb with stock airbox. You won't get pull over from the police...