Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tattoli
BMX
BMX

Re: Complicated kx65 v force install if you're dumb.

Post by tattoli »

Yea I was mostly just joking around. I filed one or two bolt holes on the v force reed block because I didn't want to cross thread the bolts into the manifold (I'm using the the ct chrome manifold) and as for fitting the manifold to the block I just chalked it up to the manifold being after market and maybe not made to the tightest tolerances. otherwise it all seems to work really well together thus far :P not trying to hate or cause any issues lol
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

No worry I knew you're not starting trouble. I just haven't had to modify any ct chrome bases, but there's error to be made for sure. How do you guys like the tassanari blocks? It's a world of difference in low and top end for me. Allows for 13k revs with ease.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Just summoned the Gumption to install my TreatLand V-Force reeds into my Big Black CT manifold. As has been stated, the reed block hole centers are about 2mm ouboard of the CT Black holes. I had to Oval-ize all four to get the Allen bolts to thread through. I used a Dremel with a nifty cone-shaped Carbide cutting bit; each hole took a whopping ten seconds. It takes longer to pull out and put away the Dremel kit than it does to modify the reed block.

Anyway, just barely time to get all the other tools put away and fire up Flash to make sure it runs. No apparent problem, but no time to test if this removes the last Bottleneck between the ported CT black and the "11K" Fabrizi pipe.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Revolutionary
Spree
Spree

Post by Revolutionary »

I just put the KX65 vforce reeds in my ct intake. No probs at all. About 3 minutes filing the vfoce holes to offset them just a touch. Otherwise fit great.

11,000rpm with the homemade pipe and vforce reeds!
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

I'm glad more people are using this option as the reed and reed keeper is so much better quality. 11k rpm is only the beginning. Port that ct chrome and you'll be amazed. So many eddys and poor angles its amazing they flow as well as they do stock.
This mod may not be for everyone but anyone with a ct should do it.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Just an FYI I spent around 4-5 hours porting and matching the ct, but even 1 hour done correctly it will flow better.
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

What manifold is that in your pic jonnie?
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

That's the manifold from treatland that johnnie has.