Help with my '94 Elite 50S build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

rboarderi
Goped
Goped

Re: Help with my '94 Elite 50S build

Post by rboarderi »

70mph is impossible without gears...buy a new GPS.
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

veedubh20 wrote:the old bore i see on the piston has metal shaving in the crank case, you dont put a new bore kit into... new cylinder/ piston will make it worst to seize.. , once motor runs, oil with metal flakes splash everywhere on moving parts, crank, crank bearings, cylinder kit...
After it seized up, I was able to kick it over and it ran again. Not very great, but it ran. Since then I installed the stock bore and piston on it and ran it for awhile in hopes that any crap would get sucked out through the old parts before I did anything new to it. I *HOPE* that it will be ok. Last thing I would want to do is destroy my new BBK.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

LoveMyHonda wrote:If you want honest answers on how to build a proper 65 mph bike be honest with us. There's guys with gears, full Trans set ups, proper big bores, proper larger Intake, proper carb, and exhaust who are barely hitting 65. But it is possible with a stock carb just not a great option.
Maybe it didn't go that fast, but it felt very fast, pulled the wheel off the ground, and was fun to ride. I have no reason to lie about anything on here. I'm just another enthusiast who is looking for more information and to learn more about these things as I build my new one. If the TomTom was incorrect on the speed it showed, well then shame on me. In that case I have no idea how fast it went but it had no problem burying the speedo needle and that is all I know.

I have nothing to prove, brag, or fabricate about my scooter. I know there are a lot of guys who have put a lot more work and money, and have way, way more knowledge about this stuff than I do. I just want to put together a fun to ride, quick, and reliable Elite.
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Reliability is heavily dependent on how close attention you pay to building and tuning your motor/carb/tranny. People say buy Italian because its more reliable. If you're a pro tuner (which im not, and very few are) you could make a $99 China special last just as long or longer than a novice tuner (which I may be) can make an italian kit run.
I know a guy that got a stock yamaha vino doing 65 with the help of just an aftermarket pipe that he was skilled enough to match to his tuned cylinder. He went backwards in tuning matching his pipe to his maxed out cylinder. Most tune the cylinder to the pipe because a cylinder is easier to modify than a pipe.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars