? about de-restriction/belt change SA50P

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Gunther
Noob
Noob

? about de-restriction/belt change SA50P

Post by Gunther »

I would like to change the belt on my 1999 elite and i cant remember where i read that you can remove something in the variator to make it faster, so if i do this do i have to re-jet ? im not looking to make it go supper fast i thought since i have it torn apart i can do this, or should i not bother ?
1999 Honda Elite SA50P

CPL USMC (VET)
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Re: ? about de-restriction/belt change SA50P

Post by DirtyE »

When you remove the variator on your scooter there may be a metal bracket locking in the ramp plate. You can identify it if the back of your variator is fastened. Remove the fastened section of the variator. May I suggest though, that for $25 you buy an aftermarket variator for $25-35 from ebay or where ever. I noticed on my 98 elite with only 1600 miles on it that the belt had worn a groove into the drive face of the variator where the belt was riding at its top speed. When and if you de-restrict a variator with a groove worn in it, you will feel that groove when you pass it, and secondly that r ok ugh transition may cause premature belt wear.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Gunther
Noob
Noob

Post by Gunther »

Thanks, i see a good one for $40 on e-bay, so if i only do this will i have to re-jet or will it be ok ? and what belt sould i get the one for the sa50p or for a sa50 ?
1999 Honda Elite SA50P

CPL USMC (VET)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I believe the belts are the same for the P and the normal models. 641 x 15.5mm x 30 degrees. Bando makes the most reliable, longest-lasting belts with the possible exception of Malossi and Polini performance belts. Honda dealers and places like PartZilla can supply them. Do NOT purchase a belt from Asia for under $10 with shipping. Their packaging makes a better belt than the belt itself.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Gunther
Noob
Noob

Post by Gunther »

thanks
1999 Honda Elite SA50P

CPL USMC (VET)
DirtyE
Elite
Elite