Best bore-up kit for AF18E motor?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

Rabbi wrote:OK it seems the concensus is I have to remove the mount by cutting it.

Do you guys usually cut the bolt, or do you cut the mount further along so you dont have to mess with the bolt. Messing with the bolt would make it difficult to re-attach later wouldn't it?
If you cut the bolt you will have to use a (class 8)10 mm bolt that is the closest to a 3/8 bolt yet a bit larger. You can use the (class 8) 3/8 bolt of 5-1/2 to 6 inches which will be easier to find than the 10 mm bolt x 140mm which is the front bolt for the engine hanger to the frame. That particular part as I know of is discontinued by honda but be sure to check.If they still do have it it shouldn't cost more than $10 since the rear motor mount bolt goes for about the same.
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

Could a site admin guy please join this thread with the "Aero to spree" thread and give it a new title.... maybe "Spree engine swap".

They are similar threads and for anyone interested in doing the same thing it would be easier to only follow one thread... I shouldn't have started a new thread in the first place, my bad.

Thanks
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

the bolt is probaly loctited on you need to heat the nut with a torchto to loosen the loctite
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

Impact that sucker.
Certain af18 mounts are different depending on the bike it came from
af27,af28,af18,af19,af25
1985 tact/aero mounts of 1987 elite se50's is a good mount o use, you need to shave the mount to fit inbetween the frame, you also need to make sure the the rear tire is centered.
Mount the new mount to the af18e,try to mock up where the mount will be hitting the frame, cut/grind as required,remember you will have to make sure the center of the mount on the frame side has a little clearence between the rubber and the part where the bolt goes thru
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

It's from an AF25 Dio DR, 1990 I think.
I've taken a fair few looks at it and it seems like the best approach is to cut the existing bracket off and welding on a new one that fits the AF18 mount.
The reason is, the AF18 mount isnt only wider... its also a different shape. The piece of metal that comes off the mounting hole and point up is on a different angle also, and a different length. Seems like making an entirely new bracket is the tidiest and most simple approach.

What do you think?

Do you know if there's a "How To" guide anywhere, or at least some pictures from someone that has already done it?
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

Which of these kits would you recommend... or recommend against?

Is this one the Corsa?
Polini "P1190077R" 72cc kit
http://www.sip-scootershop.com/index.ph ... 7455ea7928

Is this one the Contessa?
Polini "P1190077" 72cc kit

What are Malossi kits like?
MALOSSI 72cc kit

The prices will show up in New Zealand currency but this site lets you change the currency to what ever you want... changes language too, pretty sick[/url]
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

the corsa is the best
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

is the Polini "P1190077R" the Corsa kit?

how good is the Polini "P1190077" (Contessa)?
It's much cheaper... does anyone run that kit?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

the contesta is a cheaper version of the corsa, i hear that the corsa is the best and the contesta isnt that good.
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

MySpree wrote:the contesta is a cheaper version of the corsa, i hear that the corsa is the best and the contesta isnt that good.
my fear about getting the Corsa is that it's aluminium... some people have mentioned that getting an aluminium kit may be a bad idea cos aluminium is softer and wont last as long

how long does a well looked after Corsa kit last if it isnt being thrashed?
and once its worn out could i just get new rings or would the whole kit need replacing?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

all i know is the corsa is the best, people run it with no problems and its just as reliable as a stock engine...
Rabbi
Goped
Goped

Post by Rabbi »

ok, cool.
what about Malossi?
do have any experience with their kits, or have you heard of others that have tried them?
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

i have an athena 70cc its not that bad. but i think u can only get it in canada.
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

ehh iv had metricats blow and my freinds blew to.
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

Rabbi wrote:
MySpree wrote:the contesta is a cheaper version of the corsa, i hear that the corsa is the best and the contesta isnt that good.
my fear about getting the Corsa is that it's aluminium... some people have mentioned that getting an aluminium kit may be a bad idea cos aluminium is softer and wont last as long

how long does a well looked after Corsa kit last if it isnt being thrashed?
and once its worn out could i just get new rings or would the whole kit need replacing?
the corsa is suppose to be steel.