Rear race clutch for big stroker motor

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Spooneg6
Goped
Goped

Re: Rear race clutch for big stroker motor

Post by Spooneg6 »

I also need a good vented clutch bell because my stock clutch feels like its melting away lol the more vented the better
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

No, thats a correctly tuned clutch
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

No burn. 6.98 gears with a big 12 inch tire along with great variation. I pulled it to change to a malossi delta and wing bell but no difference besides 7800 launch. Hard to burn a 2 shoe even with a ported 82cc btw.
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The bike doesn't move until near 9k with out a rider on it.
Spooneg6
Goped
Goped

Post by Spooneg6 »

I my clutch setup to be like this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiW-Ad-ENU
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Lol, you want 8:1 gears not 6.98:1 with a huge 130/70-12 tire not tiny 90/90-10 then if you want launches like that, it is not complicated. You're not understanding cvt set ups yet but you will.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Is that the keli clutch from me or no?
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The one in the video is a polini 2 shoe. I'll probably use the keli hd from you on a mini stroker build. I'm using a malossi delta on the zxspree last run. I have the stage 6, malossi fly and delta, polini 2 and 3 shoe, prodigy, light weight keli, and hd keli clutches to use. I'm sticking with either the 2 shoe or delta.
ped
CB900F
CB900F

Post by ped »

1man8scoots wrote:The one in the video is a polini 2 shoe. I'll probably use the keli hd from you on a mini stroker build. I'm using a malossi delta on the zxspree last run. I have the stage 6, malossi fly and delta, polini 2 and 3 shoe, prodigy, light weight keli, and hd keli clutches to use. I'm sticking with either the 2 shoe or delta.
Hi 1man8scoots. what do you think about the Kelly medium clutch?
Life's a trip enjoy the ride.
94 elite SR, 86 spreedio, polini corsa, keli variator, 8.4, jet. speed 65 mph
spreedio video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZr46_-douQ
Spooneg6
Goped
Goped

Post by Spooneg6 »

1man8scoots wrote:Lol, you want 8:1 gears not 6.98:1 with a huge 130/70-12 tire not tiny 90/90-10 then if you want launches like that, it is not complicated. You're not understanding cvt set ups yet but you will.

I have 9:1's so how would i go about getting good launches like in that video i posted? What clutch and springs should i go with? I was thinking on what ever clutch i get going with 2k center spring and 2k clutch springs?
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

If you're going with a 2k center and 2k springs on a normal style clutch and 9:1s you'll have to use semi heavier weights if you want to get a good top speed. You will be wearing out belts with the 2k center as it will be fighting to go back to "1st" gear always. But it will be a wheelie machine. 9:1s on a 125cc stroker will be hard to keep the front end down and you will run out of gearing pretty quick but it will be fun for sure.
Spooneg6
Goped
Goped

Post by Spooneg6 »

Yea i love how it rides with the 9:1's i believe i hit 60 somthing mph inwasnt sure but i ride in my city i dont take highways so its really really fun to ride i like to take off on 1 wheel , so what would be better a 1500 center spring ? And what rear clutch should i get ? I was looking into the delta it looks pretty heavy duty and seems to look like it can take the beating
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The delta is awesome, I like it better than the 2 shoe polini. A 1500 or malossi yellow spring is great for all around riding with excellent take off. I think the koso 1500 spring is better tho.
A 2k spring is great but it will wear your belt out quicker. Sometimes if you use a 2k spring and a big stroker it can break your pulley I've been told. I've never had issues but I never did too many hard launches over and over like they do at the strip.
Spooneg6
Goped
Goped

Post by Spooneg6 »

1man8scoots wrote:The delta is awesome, I like it better than the 2 shoe polini. A 1500 or malossi yellow spring is great for all around riding with excellent take off. I think the koso 1500 spring is better tho.
A 2k spring is great but it will wear your belt out quicker. Sometimes if you use a 2k spring and a big stroker it can break your pulley I've been told. I've never had issues but I never did too many hard launches over and over like they do at the strip.

I mite just say f*** it and go with a fresh 2k center spring , polini ruckus vari and a kevlar belt since i heard they are tuff i want a vented bell but not sure which bell to go with i want the most air flow in there as possible
nalo808
Noob
Noob

Post by nalo808 »

the delta clutch is great you can adjust how fast or slow it will come in I've ran 4k clutch springs with a 2k center for my 107cc setup with 6.8 gears but it can be really hard on. the rear pulley I've broke them its pretty common with a high rpm setup. I've built a lot of motors a kelly heavy clutch and polini clutch springs last the longest for any stroker builts most setups use yellows or blues and a 15-20% center depending on which pipe you are running don't run a aluminum clutch bell with a delta it will kill the clutch in no time