1983 Aero 80 Belt mods/Carb Mods/

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

1983 Aero 80 Belt mods/Carb Mods/

Post by jakubman1 »

Hey everyone. I got my Aero 80 running smooth and fast.But i need more speed. I top out at 45mph. I would like to go 50-55mph. Can someone please send me LINKS as to exactly what to buy. I know ive been told carb and intake but i dont know EXACTLY which one. My belt by the looks of it is good. No cracks...but when im riding it a few miles as it gets hot my acceleration is lagging. I dont know which size belt i have and i can barely read the numbers on it. Thanks a lot!

I took the classes and got my motorcycle license. I went to the DMV and got my tag and plate. I just need this 10mph+ so cars wont run me off the road !! :) :happy:
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Re: 1983 Aero 80 Belt mods/Carb Mods/

Post by MrJumps »

Go for 20mph more that way you can get the extra pep for those tsicky spots
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
EastCoastCB
Spree
Spree

Post by EastCoastCB »

I can't remember right offhand, but I think that belt may be obsolete.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Yes you cant get the original belt. but is there a way to get one that will fit? If you guys can help me out with getting this thing faster would be great.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

If anyone has any suggestions would be great!
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Ok a quick search on ebay. This is what i found. Will these fit and work??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Elite-50- ... C9&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OKO-PWK-21mm-Fl ... zG&vxp=mtr

First link is the intake with reeds. Second link is the carb. Are these the right ones? Can i use my existing throttle cable with the carb? Do i have to run PREMIX after doing these upgrades? Can i still use my stock oil pump? Thank you !
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Or can i just get this one with everything??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231839582522?it ... m=&vxp=mtr

Looks like this is it!
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

jakubman1 wrote:Yes you cant get the original belt. but is there a way to get one that will fit? If you guys can help me out with getting this thing faster would be great.
This is expensive but it is the correct part number. One available...... http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-NOS-NH80D ... wa&vxp=mtr
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Autotech355 is a Decent vendor, but the stuff isn't particularly cheap. The OKO (Or Clone of a Cloned OKO) can be had at TreatLand.TV for $80 shipped, along with maybe $30 for the OKO manifold. Cables shouldn't exceed$10-$15, so that really crappy air filter in the package isn't much of a bargain. The extra weight of the filter really works the rubber joint between the carb and manifold unless you fab up some sort of support bracket.

Do yourself a favor and talk to Graphie about a Gin-You-Whine Polini version of the venerable Keihin PWK carb. It looks the same, mostly, but it sure doesn't WORK the same. The Polinis don't leak, actually meter fuel accurately, use smaller jets and less fuel and they seem to last a good long time. It's not clear if they cure your Athlete's Foot and Hepatitis C or not, but for the extra coin they're totally worth it over an OKO version.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Autotech355 is a Decent vendor, but the stuff isn't particularly cheap. The OKO (Or Clone of a Cloned OKO) can be had at TreatLand.TV for $80 shipped, along with maybe $30 for the OKO manifold. Cables shouldn't exceed$10-$15, so that really crappy air filter in the package isn't much of a bargain. The extra weight of the filter really works the rubber joint between the carb and manifold unless you fab up some sort of support bracket.

Do yourself a favor and talk to Graphie about a Gin-You-Whine Polini version of the venerable Keihin PWK carb. It looks the same, mostly, but it sure doesn't WORK the same. The Polinis don't leak, actually meter fuel accurately, use smaller jets and less fuel and they seem to last a good long time. It's not clear if they cure your Athlete's Foot and Hepatitis C or not, but for the extra coin they're totally worth it over an OKO version.
Treat land is a good venue and so is Graphite9, just goggle scooterswapshop or search that up on facebook and if you want to get used parts ask him about it he always has a list of used good parts. :rock:
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

So i should order this one? It looks like it comes with everything....

http://www.scooterswapshop.com/collecti ... 8124480837
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

If it mounts up correctly from what you see, I do not own said vehical but I do know most of the honda line scooters use the same mount types and parts. Just rember bigger carb dosnt mean more power. A 21mm is probably the right size.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Aero 80 OEM belt is no longer available to my knowledge. A couple years ago a guy local to me even contacted bando and they would make the the belts but we needed to order a lot for them to do a run. I can get a belt from my belt/bearing/seal supplier that will work as a replacement as I did a ton of testing to find a replacement belt. The only problem is that it's a little long by a hair and therefore you have to mess with the trans unless you want the variator to shift up almost as soon as you twist the throttle. If you haven't already done so swap your main jet to a 90 instead of the stock 88. That will get the top end better before you swap carbs. There is one ton of improvement to be made with the aero 80 with a better carb. It doesn't rev very high at all.
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Yes ive already swapped to the #90.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Alright i went ahead and purchased the new Belt. Hopefully that'll grab better after being hot. Ive already taken apart the side cover and removed grease from the variator weights. There were some flat spots but nothing to bad. Its just a pain in the but trying to get that rubber O ring in place on the variator.

Does anyone know the stock intake manifold size so i can buy the carb and reeds to bump up the MPH?