Would a LEO Vince SP3 exhaust be a fit with a big bore kit

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

needmoreinfo
BMX
BMX

Would a LEO Vince SP3 exhaust be a fit with a big bore kit

Post by needmoreinfo »

1987 elite s. I was originally not planning on any hard core mods, but now Im up to 48mph with the stock engine and am considering a big bore kit for SSS. Will the sp3 pipe be ok, or do I need to get one of those multichamber racing pipes? Other than the kit and larger jets and may new gears is there anything else I would need?

Thanks
Wheelman-111

Re: Would a LEO Vince SP3 exhaust be a fit with a big bore k

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I had the SP-3 on my Aero with the 65cc Polini, and then with the Malossi 65. I have no basis for comparison - pretty much the only currently-available option is the Malossi Wild Lion exhaust - but for me it was quiet and worked fine. You need kit number 4447.

Your gear choices are very limited; Malossi 2:1 primaries or extensive machine work and axle swaps. The Malossi primaries lower your overall ratio to 7.83:1, and frankly 65ccs have a really hard time getting that ratio off the line. Above 10-15MPH they work fine.

I found the link to Arreche 17.5mm carb at Scooter-Center that was on my first modest build. I'm not sure they still have it in stock, but would recommend it or its 21mm sister if they do.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Re: Would a LEO Vince SP3 exhaust be a fit with a big bore k

Post by Meloshameless »

I have a SSS slick willy pipe for sale if ur interested. Barely used. Info about the pipe is on his website. $100.
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified