Ported spree

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Ported spree

Post by jakubman1 »

Build wen well. Then come to find out I.ran it a few.miles without cutting.the.boost port on the base gasket. Ordered ANOTHER kit. That's how it went lol
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I live in Seattle so shipping this from New York is about $600. But if anyone lives nearby and wants a NEW SPREE...here it is.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-HONDA-SPRE ... 4P&vxp=mtr
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
eclark5483
CB900F
CB900F

Post by eclark5483 »

Shipping ain't that much. More like around $150.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Did you ever figure out your oil leak on your exhaust connection? I had the same thing and figured it out by looking at my buddy's Spree. Was very simple actually.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Exhaust o ring
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Mine still leaked with a new o-ring. I had to use some washers on the bottom muffler mount bolt to get the flange to sit flat on the manifold. My buddys spree actually had a factory spacer on his and mine apparently was missing.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Whoa. I did notice that on mine too. Show me a picture of where you put the washer. It was my bottom exhaust stud that looked like it had a little gap.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Besides the two manifold nuts, there are 3 bolts that mount the exhaust. Im referring to the BOTTOM large bolt. I used plain fender washers I had lying around to fill the gap before tightening it down. Now the exhaust flange sits completely flat on the manifold where before it would twist the muffler and cause a gap. I used 3 washers on bottom and nothing on top bolt. HERES THE TRICK: when mounting your exhaust, tighten manifold nuts FIRST. Whatever gaps there are at the two BIG BOLT mounting points, use washers to fill gaps. DONT just crank it down and squeeze the gaps shut........on the link, look at the diagram. Its part #9. A tiny spacer that's actually supposed to be there between your muffler and crankcase but ONLY on the bottom bolt.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/H ... parts.html
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

Dang ill have to go do that then. I also need to find a bold for my front wheel fender. It never had one and is driving me crazy. Thanks a bunch :)
doug9694
Noob
Noob

Post by doug9694 »

I read someone wanting to have better take-off and at the same time putting in high speed gearing. You can not get both. You need to put in low speed gears to get better hole shots.
Also the clutch will burn up faster with high sped gears. I would suggest getting the engine to run faster and leave the ratio standard. Read some where that standard RPM is about 8,000
and the engine is good to 11,000 by bigger muffler pipping and some other tweaks.

Actually, I want to go the opposite of most. Want for lawn and sand/trails. 25 MPH top speed OK at 10,000 RPM. May have to find smaller rear wheel dia. to fit spindle. Or do something in the
pulley/belt area.
A time to enjoy before the final curtain.
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

doug9694 wrote:I read someone wanting to have better take-off and at the same time putting in high speed gearing. You can not get both. You need to put in low speed gears to get better hole shots.
Also the clutch will burn up faster with high sped gears. I would suggest getting the engine to run faster and leave the ratio standard. Read some where that standard RPM is about 8,000
and the engine is good to 11,000 by bigger muffler pipping and some other tweaks.

Actually, I want to go the opposite of most. Want for lawn and sand/trails. 25 MPH top speed OK at 10,000 RPM. May have to find smaller rear wheel dia. to fit spindle. Or do something in the
pulley/belt area.
There aren't any low speed gears for the spree. Only the taz gears to go for more top end. Might be able to go shorter narrower belt to change the ratio for more bottom end grunt and shave the head and use a domed piston and the 84/85 head with it for better compression and squish
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Post by stevespree7 »

get the adapter and carb... no freaking way can you tune this easy with a stock carb.

I got 3k on my last kit and i installed the piston backwards like a tard. 2K on this one and still running strong. poring and case matching now. (bull s*** you dont need any case-matching with this kit. it will work, but not rip. )

you need to be able to tune dude. you cant tune a stock carb... not easily, and not on the fly. mikuni's are quick to tune. get one
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

You don't "need" to case match but you "can". Big difference