Problem installing BBK

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

benji
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Problem installing BBK

Post by benji »

W/o at least new roller weights and maybe a new vario you won't have any takeoff w gears I think... trust me, if your just looking for around town performance then put the tallest tire on the rear you can find and pump it up to 40 psi, then get a clutch n vario n belt. Way worth it, even if you go kinda cheap. You can use a new ramp plate and rollers w your stock vario and buy new stiffer clutch springs for your stock clutch, that would help too.
FunkeyMonkey
Spree
Spree

Post by FunkeyMonkey »

Springs and rollers are defiantly doable. Right now the scoot has amazing pickup, I keep up with or pass most cars til I hit 30 then I'm left behind, partly because I'm still taking it easy for break in and not wanting to WOT it. For gears should I be looking at 9:1 or 8 something?
2001 Honda Elite 50
72cc malossi cylinder
24mm polini carb
Naraku intake
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

Up to you, I haven't done gears on mine yet so I don't kno what power band these gears put you into but I'd go shorter if possible. Like 9 to 1, that way you'll get some top speed but you shouldn't lose too much down low.