I just picked up a elite af16..or dio? Right?. what next?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

stevespree7
Goped
Goped

I just picked up a elite af16..or dio? Right?. what next?

Post by stevespree7 »

I am super excited! I have been reading about 125cc kits for these bikes. Is this possible!? Crazy! What should I do first. I know to get a kit, pipe, and a carb and intake, and maybe some better reeds? What should I do yall? Ha, I want this bike to be insane. Thinking about welding a cross bar on a spree frame and mounting the motor to that. What do you think? To scary? Not possible with 125cc ? What other kits are available? 90cc? Water cooled? Not sure where to go.
Last edited by stevespree7 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Re: I just picked up a elite af16... what next?

Post by stevespree7 »

So I found scooter swap shop. I just look at the 94 and up dio stuff correct?
Gearhart
Spree
Spree

Re: I just picked up a elite af16..or dio? Right?. what next

Post by Gearhart »

94+ elite is what you want if you have a af16/18. The elite is a way better frame for a water cooled setup. I own an elite, and two sprees with built 72cc in them. The elite is not as good looking as a spree but I ride my elite way more because it's a way nicer and more comfortable ride. As for the water cooled setup they can be a pain to get going if you're in a hurry, as you need to run a full cooling system and machine cases. All this trouble and money and still only make 18-20hp. If you're someone who wants the fastest thing possible skip the Dio motor and buy a malossi RC1. If you just want a quick bike that will run 70-74 mph a well built 72 would be perfect.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Gearhart wrote: The elite is not as good looking as a spree but I ride my elite way more because it's a way nicer and more comfortable ride.
Totally agree. I have two se50 Elites and a Spree with an se50 Elite motor in it. I like the look of the Spree much more but I favor the Elites when wanting to go for a cruise just because of comfort. Even though the Spree is a bit peppier from being lighter, I like how the Elite feels.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Stock crank or mallossi, corsa, c16, naraku-black-manifold, 24mm carb oko or polini, gears 9:1 is what everyone runs on the corsa, polini vari, belt, over sized pully, stage 6 clutch.

Killer motor that kills death

Budget motor

Corsa, pg long or short, gears, keli, 24mm carb, stage 6 intake, stock clutch with polini springs and contra. Roller and jet kits. Stock crank or the athena crank.

If you have stock crank they are solid, may want to put new bearings and seals but besides that unless you want to milk performance a stock crank is a good crank.

Gears are the major upgrade with a bbk.

Transmission gets power to the ground and the topend and crank keep it reliable. Intakes and carbs are where the major power retriction comes from and a pipe can control your power and speed.
1993 ch80, swapped with a ch250
2021 DRZ400sm :worship:
akurtzer57
Goped
Goped

Post by akurtzer57 »

Im doing a liquid cooled 120cc af16 in my spree. Its turning out to be around a 2k build and machine work is free for me. When I just had stock bore and pipe with 9.1 gears and variator I hit 52-55 in my spree. A 72cc spree with quality parts would be a blast and super reliable.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Rber displacement isnt what makes a bike powerfull. A stroker 72 bore is what ive seen that really carries the bread.
stevespree7
Goped
Goped

Post by stevespree7 »

how un reliable are these unreliable strokers? have 12 bikes all modded.. i agree the italians know where its at. (love my polini kits on my mopeds). about Taiwanese unreliability, I am currently running the scooter swap shop big bore kits on my spree, with some work, i have made them almost bullet proof. (only blew up one since it was my first 2 stroke. it was 95┬░ out and didnt realise my spree body didnt have vent holes. i have 2 others i am now porting slowly) they seem, not too bad, not italian quality, but not terrible. stoker kits similar?

since i have so many rides, i just want this bike to be as crazy as possible for cheap as possible. I am currently booted from the moped community, so i want, no, need to troll these guys with an un-match-able scoot. I repeat, does not need to be bullet proof, just humbling. i want it to woop a polini kit puch like nothing
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

stevespree7 wrote:how un reliable are these unreliable strokers? have 12 bikes all modded.. i agree the italians know where its at. (love my polini kits on my mopeds). about Taiwanese unreliability, I am currently running the scooter swap shop big bore kits on my spree, with some work, i have made them almost bullet proof. (only blew up one since it was my first 2 stroke. it was 95┬░ out and didnt realise my spree body didnt have vent holes. i have 2 others i am now porting slowly) they seem, not too bad, not italian quality, but not terrible. stoker kits similar?

since i have so many rides, i just want this bike to be as crazy as possible for cheap as possible. I am currently booted from the moped community, so i want, no, need to troll these guys with an un-match-able scoot. I repeat, does not need to be bullet proof, just humbling. i want it to woop a polini kit puch like nothing
LOL.....Do you mean kicked out? or you just can't keep up with the little fellers?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

stevespree7 wrote: i just want this bike to be as crazy as possible for cheap as possible.
crazy doesn't come cheap
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Scooter swap shop dosnt have any spree big bore kits Taz on ebay does. Chopchop.

Thats 3 people in the past month who have mistaken g9 for taz.

Anyway if you got booted im gonna guess it was because you were trolling.

If you want a fast kit but for cheap and noth blow it up day 2.

26mm oko
Plenty of jets top and low.

Stage 6 intake, I just installed one and its killer. Cts are trash dont touch them

For a bore corsa or the mallossi cast 72cc

Stock crank with new seals and bearings

9:1 gears

Pg short, or if your willing to shell out the cash a tuned pipe, not the ebay ones. Get the arrow or polini pipe from g9. For about 50 bucks more than a crappy pipe off ebay you get a part that bolts up and will make power.

Keli variator with rollers, yellow contra and depending on your pipe triplets. Keep the stock clutch, bell, belt

Thats all there is to a reliable and fast setup. If you wanna go balls out.

Get the 50x50 kit 50mm taida, 50mm stroker, get your cases cut and put it on a stroker pipe. Long * gears and your bike will fly.
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

You could buy a new Chinese 125cc scooter for $700-$800...ride it for 300mi and throw it in the trash.... if it doesn't break down before then.
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Ill give you a hint the ebay stuff dosnt get many people far. Also with the 50mm bores you have to match boost port so if you ever change to a corsa you cant because it wont match. If you dont match boost it will never run right and at mid throttle it will fall flat if cruising.
Meloshameless
Elite
Elite

Post by Meloshameless »

I have a corsa on x2 elites without the boost port matched and they both run amazing and fast!
2000 Honda SR (purple swurp)
corsa
naruku
polini 21 cp 36/106 pod filter
polini vari 5.5 gram
zx trans
Polini evo2 clutch/bell yellow springs (slacked) yellow contra
Yasuni C16
stock crank/gears=wheelie machine
70 mph/12,470 rpm Trail tech vapor verified
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I believe Mr. Jumps meant that if you carve the cases for a Tai 50, you can't go back and install a Corsa afterwards, and that is correct. The boost port will be too big to cover with the Polini cylinder.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH