114 stroker build

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

scootfast
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

114 stroker build

Post by scootfast »

Looking for any tips on keeping an air cooled stroker cool. Any tips or tricks would be very helpful. Thanks all.
bonesv

Re: 114 stroker build

Post by bonesv »

You could get one of those water-cooled cylinder heads I have seen around and have it ground to match up with your bore, and then you need a radiator and some coolant hose, etc. so there's a suggestion for you. I would do some research and talk to some people who have personal experience with those heads to help make a decision whether or not to invest in that. I don't have any experience myself but I have wondered if they would help a lot or just a little. Then you could let us know!
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

Fat jetting or cobbling together a shroud to fit around the jug would help with the temps. Maybe a fan scoop also. I built a 50x50 and didnt have any cooling issues once I finally dialed in the tune. I know the fatty air-cooled strokers 120-130cc suffer from heat issues and can only run wot for short periods. The water-cooled stuff can run all day at full scream with no worries of meltdown…properly tuned of course.

My buddy built a water-cooled setup using a heater core from an old Datsun in his back yard. Bought a cheap 12v water pump on ebay and plumbed it with garden hose. Total backwoods redneck build but it worked and that scooter was an absolute ripper.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Meatball wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:25 am Fat jetting or cobbling together a shroud to fit around the jug would help with the temps. Maybe a fan scoop also. I built a 50x50 and didnt have any cooling issues once I finally dialed in the tune. I know the fatty air-cooled strokers 120-130cc suffer from heat issues and can only run wot for short periods. The water-cooled stuff can run all day at full scream with no worries of meltdown…properly tuned of course.

My buddy built a water-cooled setup using a heater core from an old Datsun in his back yard. Bought a cheap 12v water pump on ebay and plumbed it with garden hose. Total backwoods redneck build but it worked and that scooter was an absolute ripper.
Love this!! :twisted:

Can attest to the 120cc stroker heat issues.. Built one for 1/8mi off road drag racing. Did great, but never finished tuning it for street. WOT jumping onto highway for a few mi. killed it
projects galore :nerd: