Give Your Spree More HP

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

ok im going to do this, my take off now is insane now if i do this it would be crazy.
also do i lose any top speed?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

probabl not but iv nevr done this to a more powerful bike. meh stock mufflers are cheap on ebay
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
KZ250andSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by KZ250andSpree »

Kenny_McCormic wrote: Image
Didn't have a drill bit that big so i hammered a very long nail into the muffler from the end hole. Worked great and i got through the first few baffles (nasty growl now and picked up 3 mph), but with about 6 inches of the nail left outside it started to go through the wall due to the angle of the end hole. Any way around this?
1980 KZ250LTD (need to get it running ><)
1986 Spree
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

saw the tip off finish the job and weld a bigger one on i never had thae problem your describing
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
KZ250andSpree
BMX
BMX

Post by KZ250andSpree »

My exhaust looks different from yours. Maybe it's a different year?

1980 KZ250LTD (need to get it running ><)
1986 Spree
Farfignugin
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Farfignugin »

That looks to be a Spree exhaust or something similar...Looks just like the exhaust on my '85 Spree.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

you have a nice exaust mine is a pile of s*** all rusy with a big dent in the downtube. its a miracle it runs BUT IT DOES I HAVE A VIDEO
Click here to watch ITS-ALIVE-53 yes i know its running really rich and bogging right now because it has no air filter and i had a rag in the airbox so i wouldnt ruin the motor