bigger piston for spree?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

stillspeeding wrote:My price was $30 but there is no demand for it anymore, i think the shop owner would be willing to sell his bore.
He has a bore that's the proper diameter to match the piston, or a small displacement bore?

For $30, it would be worth shipping the jug to HI.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

I contacted heeters.com a while back and they said $60- parts are useless unless you use them reguardless of price$! ! !
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

well i would get it done just to see how it would run and then if it works then MAKE BIG $$$$
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Hi,
After reading in this thread that some shop in HI had the parts, I tried VTCycles for the 2mm piston and cyl boring, they said they have no source for the part. Anyone got the shop name or a source of the 2mm overbore piston?

I'd be happy to get the work done for a Gyro and report back. If you folks know of any other performance options for 1984 NN50 and 1985/6 TG50 Gyro's I know a group interested folks.

thanks to all!

P.S. VTCycles said they can get a 46mm overbore piston for the Aero 50. Can stock Spree/Elite or Aero jugs be bored that far?
HuskieMobileMan
Spree
Spree

Post by HuskieMobileMan »

Places that work on aircraft engines are usually able to bore out small cylinders. Thants where I had mine done.

When selecting a piston, you need to make sure the pins on the piston do not line up with a port on the cylinder.
'87 Elite SE50 w/65cc Polini Kit
'84 Aero NH125
'84 Aero NH80
'05 Kymco ZX50
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Look for maddog in the memberlist, and email him directly. He wouldn't tell me what shop he was buying them from, but I got the impression that these were the last two. They are made by JCC Piston in Korea... minimum production run from them is 1000 units, when I asked.

I can get you the p/n if that helps as well.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Hi,
No answer from maddog, but then my mail could have hit a spam filter....

But here's some good news:
Searching for oversized pistons led me to some international ebay sellers. They have pistons for Honda Visions, and some sellers say the pistons also fit Aero 50's and Elite SA-50's. So I bought two, took a few weeks to get here. When I *visually* compared it with my 1984 Gyro piston, the part looks good to fit once the cyl is bored. Wrist pin size/location is ok, height is ok and to the guy who said to check the ring locating pins, that lines up too. In some past thread, I mentioned using a Spree domed piston in my TG50 Gyro, so I believe this piston would be ok in a Spree too. The piston is thicker walled then the OEM piston. It looks that the inside is about the same as the OEM, so the extra 2mm dia is all in aluminum.... Anyone think that's going to be a problem?

My pistons came from Bikers Domain Limited.
They come as a kit - piston, wrist pin and rings. Cost - about $76 USD for 2 kits. The kits come from std to 43mm (2mm over) and there are also some 5mm/5.5mm and 6.0 oversize - if your cyl can be bored that large.

For those who may be able to locate a US source - the kit came from China, name on the box is SKYH, part number is 935058. It's a 43mm (2mm over size)
---
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

ebay links?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Re: Ebay links request

Item Number 330149615874 points to a 43mm kit from the vendor I bought from.

Full link is http://cgi.ebay.com/Piston-Kit-Honda-Vi ... dZViewItem
boisdarc
Noob
Noob

Post by boisdarc »

I'm a brand newbian here, but have been lurking for weeks. I popped off my jug and head and measured the I.D. -it measured about 40.8+ millimeters with a digital caliper. I'm pretty new to scoot tuning, but (and there always is) I asked my dad -an old school hot rodder - what I could do to bore out a cylinder about almost 2 millimeters for the 43mm pistons. he seems to think that a hone with a rough stone could be used to get close to the desired mm, and then a medium stone and a final stone to take it to the right diameter. some of his hones are about 4inches long, if kept pretty close to the center of the jug - it could give a reasonably good clean bore. Has anyone ever tried anything like this?
84 aero kind of slowabout53mph 86spree currently junk
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

it would probably work........But, u only wanna go so big on the bore. take a close look at the cylinder. look between the fins on the cylinder. u bore the cylinder to much, it WILL overheat. u will waste your time and money to watch and listen to your engine sieze up! :!:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
boisdarc
Noob
Noob

Post by boisdarc »

got my 43mm piston today and hope to start thr bore/honing process soon. ican post some pics if anyone is interested.
84 aero kind of slowabout53mph 86spree currently junk
malaka
BMX
BMX

pics

Post by malaka »

please do iwould like to see them