k and N? yay or nay?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jayrey0910
BMX
BMX

k and N? yay or nay?

Post by jayrey0910 »

i ofund this on aftermarket elite parts, will it workfor a 85 spree?

[img]K&N Custom Clamp-on Air Filters

Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

"Work" is a funny term...

Your spree will probably run, and it may even get a little better air flow out of a low-restriction filter like that... but you have to be careful about the fuel mix, or you'll end up running lean, hot, and melting piston all over your cylinder walls. You could upjet the carb to overcome that, but when you tinker with one thing, you have to tinker with everything.

I've got no doubt you could make that fit over the air intake on your carb, just be sure you are ready to do lots of plug chops after you put it on.

Performance parts aren't really "bolt on" for sprees like they are for elites. Technically, they're not that simple for elites either, but there have been a lot of experimenters before us that we can learn from.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Its been proven AM filters on sprees are a pita to get working properly and dont give much performance, they also reduce reliability ( if the exposed filter gets wet guess what happens).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
DrZ34
Goped
Goped

ok

Post by DrZ34 »

they also make ones with a , baffle if you will to deflect crap, i think used on the valve cover breather on a sprint car , that imo work ok.
edjo
Spree
Spree

Post by edjo »

I have been using a valve cover breather all summer. I do have to clean it alot, but it comes right off, I also re-jetted to compensate for more air, but it works great.
88 elite SA50
07 DRZ436sm
05 FJR1300a
05 Dr200se