What will give elite more Speed?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

ClemScooter
Noob
Noob

What will give elite more Speed?

Post by ClemScooter »

what expected increase in top end mph or torque will getting a performance variator? clutch? gears? exhaust?

Right now i dont have any modifications that i know of expect there is no washer in front of the exhaust. I get about 33mph on flat and about 35mph downhill.
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

what year is it?
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
ClemScooter
Noob
Noob

Post by ClemScooter »

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

open your wallet = ultimate speed :twisted:
projects galore :nerd:
ClemScooter
Noob
Noob

Post by ClemScooter »

I'm in college when my wallet opens...its paying student loans back
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

one word....

Vtcycles

They have every moped part in the world for your moped. you can get a midgrade kit like what i just got. {picture} for about 175$ that will put you about 50mph or you can go all out and get a huge package (corsa bore kit, carb kit, PGlong pipe, gear change) for 500$ or so and get up to 75mph. For some reason there website is down right now but there number is =808-593-7733=. there in hawaii so pending were you live they might not be open till like allot later. you can check google for what time it is there.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

A polini or malossi bore kit will set you back $250 and vt cycles has never sold them, i live a few blocks away from them and can verify this, this is also the last shop i use for parts as the other shops with no websites tend to blow them away :lol: truth vs B.S. I DON'T B.S.
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

heres one of the things about vtcycles. they have a website ( yes its back up ) they ship parts dirt cheap, even if they cost a little more then some shops with out web sites there still cheaper and more reliable they any other shop with a website.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

they made me sad when i was looking for performance parts for my88 elite sb50p, but then again it is a peice of crap that doesnt have a tunable tranny. stupid honda, why couldnt the sb model have a tunable tranny.
you meet the nicest people on a honda
current project-88 honda elite e sb50p
jeremydde
Goped
Goped

Post by jeremydde »

stillspeeding wrote:A polini or malossi bore kit will set you back $250 and vt cycles has never sold them, i live a few blocks away from them and can verify this, this is also the last shop i use for parts as the other shops with no websites tend to blow them away :lol: truth vs B.S. I DON'T B.S.
I bought by Malossi bore from VT Cycles for my 2000 Dio. Doesn't the 2001 Elite have the same engine as my Dio?
2000 Honda Dio
Malossi 72cc Bore
28mm Oko Carb 45 Pilot & 132 Main
Phongeer Long
9 to 1 Gears
Parmakit Variator
1500 RPM contra spring
Kuka Clutch w/Polini green springs
Koso Digital Tachometer w/CHT
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

yeah it does. 94-01 elites have the dio motor. truly the best motors from honda.

also, huck731 did you call them or just look on the page? There website is kinda way out dated. They might have something.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
huck731
BMX
BMX

Post by huck731 »

i never thought of calling them...mostly because when i went on their website, i still had regular phone service. but now i have chart telephone with unlimited local and long distance, lol
you meet the nicest people on a honda
current project-88 honda elite e sb50p
pattersondm
Goped
Goped

Post by pattersondm »

Dac. it looked from the picture you posted that to do some of your mods you would have to pull the engine. If so what are the best mods to do with out having to pull the engine?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Pulling the engine out is sooooooo simple all you do is unhook the gas, oil and electrical hookups then reove the shock (1 bolt) and the pivot bolt and the motor is out.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:Pulling the engine out is sooooooo simple all you do is unhook the gas, oil and electrical hookups then reove the shock (1 bolt) and the pivot bolt and the motor is out.
thats pulling the whole case, you don't even need to unhook the batter or the gas to pull the engine ;)
projects galore :nerd: