Nos on a moped

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I would still go wet, if you only want a small dry shot i can show you how to do that for A LOT cheaper than $200.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i probably will only use the nos like a few times any way it is more of just to say I've done it and it will look cool to have nos on a moped
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Well then, go buy a 12 gram co2 tire inflater and add a hose to it running to the intake (JB weld, a valve stem, and a hose barb should work, you might want to add a flow restrictor of some sort. dont forget a box of creme whip cans. You may need to add a spacer and do a little bit of filing on the inflater to get the 8 gram NOS shot to work. BTW if you do this the engine WILL PROBABLY NOT last long.

http://www.koolpages.com/potatohell/nondestructive.html here is a guy who did what im describing to a goped.
Last edited by Kenny_McCormic on Mon May 19, 2008 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mopedman
CB900F
CB900F

Post by mopedman »

i already ordered a nos kit. from summit
Michigan Moped Mafia founding member
2005 Yamaha Zuma
1985 Honda Spree
1978 Honda Express
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

mopedman wrote:i already ordered a nos kit. from summit
nice keep us posted on how you rig it. :)
projects galore :nerd:
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

lol ya u might be able to beat my zuma
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
fireblade
Spree
Spree

Post by fireblade »

If you're planning to run a dry kit on a scooter, you'll have to fatten up your baseline jetting. A mate of mine had nitrous on his scoot. The extra flow through the carb (The nitrous gas) will pull more fuel into the engine, but since nitrous oxide had more oxygen molecules that plain old air does, you'd run a risk of leaning out. A nitrous assisted lean out can destroy pistons before you could even back off the throttle. Put your needle in a drill, and use a bit of fine sand paper to make the tip a bit smaller to richen up the mixture.
HONDA NQ50 "FIREBLADE"
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

fireblade wrote:If you're planning to run a dry kit on a scooter, you'll have to fatten up your baseline jetting. A mate of mine had nitrous on his scoot. The extra flow through the carb (The nitrous gas) will pull more fuel into the engine, but since nitrous oxide had more oxygen molecules that plain old air does, you'd run a risk of leaning out. A nitrous assisted lean out can destroy pistons before you could even back off the throttle. Put your needle in a drill, and use a bit of fine sand paper to make the tip a bit smaller to richen up the mixture.
If he dumped $200 on NOs he can afford a $20 small metric drill set.
stillspeeding
Spree
Spree

Post by stillspeeding »

Why would you need nos? is it cuz you can't afford to build a real full stroker :lol: Mich-a-kids, home of the half * builds :lol:
Can't afford speed then stay away from it!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

stillspeeding wrote:Why would you need nos? is it cuz you can't afford to build a real full stroker :lol: Mich-a-kids, home of the half * builds :lol:
If your so * rich lets see your s***, pics or shens b****.
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

i have done a few dry set ups before on 72cc .. Pretty nuts when you hit the button. Feels like you downshift a gear and it goes! Alot of fun.but IMOP I would defiantly do a wet set up. Thats what im going to do for my drag bike soon.
have fun!
D
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

Kenny_McCormic wrote:
fireblade wrote:If you're planning to run a dry kit on a scooter, you'll have to fatten up your baseline jetting. A mate of mine had nitrous on his scoot. The extra flow through the carb (The nitrous gas) will pull more fuel into the engine, but since nitrous oxide had more oxygen molecules that plain old air does, you'd run a risk of leaning out. A nitrous assisted lean out can destroy pistons before you could even back off the throttle. Put your needle in a drill, and use a bit of fine sand paper to make the tip a bit smaller to richen up the mixture.
If he dumped $200 on NOs he can afford a $20 small metric drill set.
Or just buy some jets.. :lol:
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

tru72 wrote:i have done a few dry set ups before on 72cc .. Pretty nuts when you hit the button. Feels like you downshift a gear and it goes! Alot of fun.but IMOP I would defiantly do a wet set up. Thats what im going to do for my drag bike soon.
have fun!
D
Awesome, pics? What kind of problems did you see with the dry set ups, did it run much leaner or did jetting carb keep it safer?
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

stillspeeding wrote:Why would you need nos? is it cuz you can't afford to build a real full stroker :lol: Mich-a-kids, home of the half * builds :lol:
ya b/c ur so cool b/c u have a s*** load of money to blow on ur peds THEY DONT MAKE ANYTHING FOR IT SO WHAT DO U WANT HIM TO DO.
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Anyone thought of making a ghetto-style NOS setup using an airbrush full of gasoline pushed through by NOS?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products