How to do wheelies

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

what you are doing now is right. Keep on doing that. Over time you will feel safe and will be able to keep it up.

what i do sometimes to get in the zone is turn off the bike. Hold the brake and pull the front end up. Then i just kinda sit on it leaning back and forward. Helps me get my head in the zone.
Then when i ride i know how far back i can go before "all * breaks loose".
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
fastgtp99
Goped
Goped

Post by fastgtp99 »

that make totally sense. i will try to get out there in alittle while. I am d*** determined. thanks for the advice.
94 Elite s50, 72cc, 9:1 gears, 50mph so far
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

fastgtp99 wrote:that make totally sense. i will try to get out there in alittle while. I am d*** determined. thanks for the advice.
im in the same boat, i finally can get my head in the zone, but now when i get wheelies longer then 10-20 feet the top of the bike will lean left or right, if i keep going ill crash.
Problem is when it starts to happen instead of thinking of how to fix it i panic and drop it down.

Some day ill get this. :twisted:
1991--------Tomos Targa-
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

just put your feet on the back rack and its way eaiser to do wheelies
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

justinnielsen01 wrote:just put your feet on the back rack and its way eaiser to do wheelies
i dont have a rear rack, i have a japan tail light...
1991--------Tomos Targa-
justinnielsen01
Spree
Spree

Post by justinnielsen01 »

i just ordered on of ebay so i wont either. and can you help me in tech help with my stupid spree
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

Dac wrote:ahahaha
this board is gold compared to http://www.forumshawaii.net. that site is nothing but bad grammer....
Yep. Bad grammAr & spelling in there.... :lol:
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

GN Racer wrote:
Dac wrote:ahahaha
this board is gold compared to http://www.forumshawaii.net. that site is nothing but bad grammer....
Yep. Bad grammAr & spelling in there.... :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
wow, see, every time i try to say something bad i always fail.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
happyman
Spree
Spree

Re: How to do wheelies

Post by happyman »

i don't like to do them at my age as it may hurt a lot if i cdrash but i have found many many times just sitting on tnhe thing and running along at about 10 mph or even 15 crack the throttle and give the bars a little tug an dyour off to a wheelie. i have tow of these elites with big bore and run the 8.44.1 gears in each and its real limple even for a 62 year old person an di weigh in at 190 lbs at six ft. so i am already siting back a little but not all the way. both of my scooters will carry the front wheel very easy and the kymco will take a lot to fet it to lift. its a super 9 and its heavy but a nice runner but i have not a clue as to how to make it wheelie but i bet i can get it done with a few transmission swaps. the little elite is going to take some getting used to as far as going straight without laying it down because of the short wheel base. i will let the young guys have all that fun i will just keep the tires planted and have a lotof fun that way and maybe live a little longer too good luck
Happy

gobucks wrote:does anyone know how to do wheelies on an elite?
wilsoniya
BMX
BMX

Post by wilsoniya »

hilarious/awesome wheelie vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCmS1jXG ... re=related

Cracks me up every time!
2001 Elite S (SA50P)
- Nickname: "Black Magic" or "iPed"
- Derestricted
- OKO Hi-Speed Variator (9g rollers)
- 9:1 AM gears
- ~45 mph (on a good day :)
needfasterthan31
Spree
Spree

wheelies on a spree

Post by needfasterthan31 »

i dont know about an elite but we used to be able to do them on sprees for as long as you wanted.you put the back of your legs in front of the blinkers that are mounted on the rack to balance the moped and let your feet drag this way you dont flip it back.its really easy to do but not sure without a rear rack.
01 Elite SR50
>Polini Contesta 72cc Kit (To be soon installed)
>R1 Pipe (To be soon installed)
>Keli Variator
>9:1 gears
EvilCrayon
BMX
BMX

Post by EvilCrayon »

I can sort of do wheelies now on my spree. I just feel really scared and put it back down after 5 feet.

I sit really far back, not on the rack but far back. Let my legs hang off the side. Rev to 10mph and then bring up the front while ripping the throttle.
teeoce
Goped
Goped

Post by teeoce »

If you put your feet back you have nothing to worry about, just get it up and pump the throttle and when you go too far back let your feet drag a little. You can do them that way forever. The hard wheelie is when you keep your feet on the floor board, especially on a spree, because there is such limited power you really have to go all out for it. This summer I flipped backwards on mine, but luckily I caught myself and was running behind the scooter while it was upright. Just sit far back on the seat and wait until you accelerate the hardest (probably somewhere around 15mph) and pull up, but keep your finger over the rear brake.
Towlieee
BMX
BMX

Post by Towlieee »

Wheelies, especially on a low powered bike like scooters, require tons of balance, brake control, and smooth throttle hand.

If you learn brake control, you will be able to wheelie forever, and never go back to far..

Wheelies are the main thing I do with bikes.. Friend actually just picked up a honda elite to do wheelies on, and make fast lol..

Just remember to work on using the rear brake! Once you learn rear brake, you will pretty much be able to wheelie any bike/quad..

edit: by the way, I've been riding my friends elite for the last 3-4 days, and I've gotten wheelies GOOD on it.. I can go for blocks, for minutes on end.. Probably the longest I've gone on it so far is a good half mile, or 8+ blocks
darat
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by darat »

ya its pretty ez i have been rideing bikes/mopeds for a long time and well its pretty ez. the hardest that i have found is on my 08 zuma it weights 512 pounds and very hard to do one on
MICHIGAN MOPED MAFIA Co Founder VET OG. 95 YAMAHA JOG 70CC