Case stuffers

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

OH YEAH!!! sorry I forgot we are taking about a spree motor. No racing pipes for it. Well....Let's see here....maybe you can stuff the oil injector hole? I mean...premix and make you own kinda oil plug. That's probably where all the room is. Did sprees come with an oil injector???
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

To answer the original poster's question: No, I'm not aware of anyone on this board doing this to the bottom-end.

To other posters: Go find the Jenning's books in adv tech docs and start reading. Reducing the volume of the lower end is akin to increasing the compression of the engine, and it does work well. Not easy to do though, it's not a bolt-and-go modification.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
keithw
Elite
Elite

Post by keithw »

DorkoElite303 wrote:OH YEAH!!! sorry I forgot we are taking about a spree motor. No racing pipes for it. Well....Let's see here....maybe you can stuff the oil injector hole? I mean...premix and make you own kinda oil plug. That's probably where all the room is. Did sprees come with an oil injector???
Jeez, my spree has a racing pipe. It works quite well. It also has an oil injector.

keithw
Honda Pal (Speed-o-scooter) JDM Spree with varator trans.
Honda Spree, 1985.
Another Honda Pal

Let's give it a try, how hard could it be?
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Imageshack is * me off so no d*** pictures! What about removing gear from pump adding small length of tube to pump and sealing with jb weld?
DorkoElite303
Spree
Spree

Post by DorkoElite303 »

I have no clue about sprees. I didn't even know that had racing pipes.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Is anyone trying this mod out? Wondering if others are or wait till I do it. Does aluminum weld to steel?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

evilone wrote:Is anyone trying this mod out? Wondering if others are or wait till I do it. Does aluminum weld to steel?
Once winter sets in I will be pulling my engine down and shaving the head, doing either the intake port job or switching to the SB50 intake and reeds (probably the SB50 thing), a pipe of some sort and looking into the case stuffer possibilities. I will report what I find out, with pictures, of course.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I have a bad oil pump and have removed gear. I installed a 3/8 steel nipple which slides inside the pump where gear was but is bigger in diameter. Nipple is about 3/4" to 1" longer than pump (about an inch shorter than gear so it clears crank and bearing). If someone locally can weld the steel nipple to the aluminum pump I will be close to installing just to see what happens. I will have them weld a cover over end of nipple too, I don't know how much crank area to "stuff" on a 49cc so that's why i'm starting here. Any thoughts or ideas to add?
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

evilone wrote:I have a bad oil pump and have removed gear. I installed a 3/8 steel nipple which slides inside the pump where gear was but is bigger in diameter. Nipple is about 3/4" to 1" longer than pump (about an inch shorter than gear so it clears crank and bearing). If someone locally can weld the steel nipple to the aluminum pump I will be close to installing just to see what happens. I will have them weld a cover over end of nipple too, I don't know how much crank area to "stuff" on a 49cc so that's why i'm starting here. Any thoughts or ideas to add?
Why not just tap the hole the shaft runs in from the crank end and then screw a plug into it, with plenty of Lock-tite.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Towlieee
BMX
BMX

Post by Towlieee »

evilone wrote:I have a bad oil pump and have removed gear. I installed a 3/8 steel nipple which slides inside the pump where gear was but is bigger in diameter. Nipple is about 3/4" to 1" longer than pump (about an inch shorter than gear so it clears crank and bearing). If someone locally can weld the steel nipple to the aluminum pump I will be close to installing just to see what happens. I will have them weld a cover over end of nipple too, I don't know how much crank area to "stuff" on a 49cc so that's why i'm starting here. Any thoughts or ideas to add?

JB weld!

can't weld steel to aluminum, so thats your only option if you want to somehow 'weld' it
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Towlieee wrote:

JB weld!

can't weld steel to aluminum, so thats your only option if you want to somehow 'weld' it
Welding aluminum to aluminum is easy enough and it would be lighter than the steel too.

I'm not a fan of JB Weld inside a crankcase (to much oil impregnated parts causing adhesion problems. If nothing else get a semi hard piece of rubber or a piece of soft plastic and shape it to slightly over sized for the hole and then Lock-tite it in the hole. Rubber is what Johnson and Evinrude used for case stuffers and they worked fine. Make sure that gas does not soften or melt the stuff first.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I'd tap the hole from the inside but I don't want to take apart right yet. I wanted to try using the junk oil pump then go back to my good pump after a tank of gas. I just want to do a quick and easy test right now.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I think I will pack the end of oil pump with alumi-weld for boats and see what that does.
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Speaking of boats...I just found out the expandable drain plugs (rubber seal) for boats will fit. I put one in a cup of gas to see if it holds up after awhile. They don't seem to vibrate loose either or you would see a bunch of boats sinking!
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

Expandable boat drain plug...not good idea. It soaked up ALOT of gas overnight and is very swollen. So I ended up filling the end of oil pump (gear removed) with the 2 part liquid JB-Weld, let it harden, drilled small hole in center of it and screwed a screw into it. Then I got the 2-part JB-Weld that you knead together and formed that around the screw. I figure the JB will hold onto screw threads really good along with being "welded" to pump. I don't have to worry about adhesion problems since pump is out of motor and I degreased with carb cleaner before starting. Test should be tomorrow if it ever stops raining.