Aero 50 Modification Questions

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

well, Im talking about dio motor only, can bolt on to aero 50 scooter.

well, it depend on the rider weight..

we had aero 50 can 45mph, no mod! I was like around 100lbs.

:wink:

just waste of time to mod aero 50 parts from europe..

stock cdi run forever! , not aftermarket cdi doenst make much difference.
dio motor, polin bore $180.
hs pulley 50.
gear 9.1 50.
dellorto carb 19mm 100.
-------------------------------------
$380. run with stock pipe (",)

this is a good setup for dio motor and possible 60mph.

my good friend toba,purple eater S.

ran corsa, 6.8gear,both rear stock spring only,stock clutch/bell, spipe(remove washer) keli pulley/ramp. 18mm mikuni vm carb, stock intake.airbox/oilpump.
60mph /190lbs rider.

:shock: :lol:Image
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

Hmm....swapping in a Dio engine is an interesting idea.

So you say a Dio engine will bolt right in? So if I was to swap in a stock Dio engine, I would need the motor, swingarm, exhaust, carb, airbox etc? Anything else? Can you use the Aero 50 wiring or do you need to use the Dio wiring harness? I'd probably want to swap in a stock engine first and get it purring and then modify it for more speed as needed.

The purist in me wants to keep things original but the thought of having a newer, faster and more reliable engine is really tempting.

Does this engine bolt in to the earlier '83 - '84 Aero 50 as well? One of those with a Dio engine would be a sick setup.

Thanks for the help!
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Not sure on the older ones but the newer aeros the dio bolts in you use the dio crab and stuff, the wiring might need some modding in the connector department but it will work.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

Neat....I love the styling of the earlier Aero 50's so I'll do a little microfiche browsing to see if the Dio engine should bolt in to these as well. A pristine '83 Aero 50 with a 50-55mph Dio engine would be a scooterists wet dream.