NH80 cylinder on a NB50/SE50 engine?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

NH80 cylinder on a NB50/SE50 engine?

Post by DandyDan »

Does anyone know how close an NH80 cylinder is to fitting on a NB50/SE50 engine? If the bolt pattern and skirt size are the same then perhaps the cylinder and engine case could be ported to match? The NH80 has a 48mm bore so it's not much bigger than the big bore kits for this engine which are about 47mm.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Probably nor, just run a kit, Aero50s are rare enough, parting out a 80 isnt nice and * with a Aero125 will get you lynched in some places.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

Yeah Aero 125's are rare birds indeed. The reason I ask about this is because I actually have a spare engine for an Aero 80. I don't have an Aero 50 yet but I'm hoping to buy one soon. I would be nice to save the $90 or so if possible.

If you could make the NH80 cylinder work, you could also overbore it out to at least 52mm because Wiseco makes CR80 pistons that work. That would put an Aero 50 at a huge 83cc.
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

I dont think the case will fit it without modding, you would be better off swapping the whole motor and modding that.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
DandyDan
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by DandyDan »

Hmm....good thinking. I wonder how well it would bolt in. If I can find an Aero 50 to buy then I'll look into this. An Aero 50 with an NH80 engine would be an awesome scooter. You'd get the cheap insurance and side panel storage of the 50cc with the power of the NH80.