MadDog's "Free Part"

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum members who promise stuff but fail to deliver/explain should ..:

Be forced to give up their scooters and ride Postal Service LRVs exclusively.
37%
Have their oil pumps confiscated and provided only with 1:10 Pre-Mix fuel.
32%
Be required to purchase all their repair parts from Wheelman.
32%

Total votes: 19

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

I know a local guy who has about 5 kawasaki h2 triples sitting in his garage, also 2 suzuki 750 water buffaloes, i could buy one right now! :P

seen em all in person too :shock: almost bought an rd350 from him, which he had several of
projects galore :nerd:
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

burnt_toast wrote: almost bought an rd350 from him, which he had several of
I will sell you mine 8)
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

ever seen the suzuki fronte!!!!! theres video on you tube of a built one in new zealand or something, HOLY SHEEET MANG! gotta get me one o those!!!!
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

scooterwerx wrote:ever seen the suzuki fronte!!!!! theres video on you tube of a built one in new zealand or something, HOLY SHEEET MANG! gotta get me one o those!!!!
very cool indeed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9fOZXZQ ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URPjZDu2 ... re=related

and the BEST one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7ur53VieZc
losthope
Elite
Elite

Post by losthope »

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

happyman
Spree
Spree

Post by happyman »

maddog wrote:and i still teach little punk kids how to build power, my pics were posted sorry you missed them and while most of you don't have real jobs i just did 56 hrs o/t/ = mega bucks, so who won? i have a * of parts for the needi :lol:

hey i have loooking for gasket set for the molossi big bore. i have two of them and would like to have the gasket sets..
have 1997 and 2000 elites.
Thanks Happy
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

O.K. toast & wheelman pm me with a shipping address and i will send you guys an old school part, just tell me if it works :o
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

:shock:
really????
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

holy smokes i wanna know what you guys get!!!
Wheelman-111

Still... Holding ... Breath!

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

PM sent to MadDog.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Still... Holding ... Breath!

Post by burnt_toast »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

PM sent to MadDog.
Ditto

maybe a sweet velocity stack?! I'm down for that hah
qaz
BMX
BMX

Post by qaz »

To set the record straight; Yamaha built the RZ 350 into the mid 80's, the 750 triple may have had a higher top end, but the 500 version was quicker. And NO, they did not have any where near the performance of a modern sport bike. Compared to todays bikes they had terrible brakes, poor power delivery and a flexible flyer frame. What they did have was a power band that was about 1,000 rpm's wide and when it was on it was all on! Unfortunately, if you weren't around and rideing them when they first came out, you will never fully understand them!
Wheelman-111

RZ & RD

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Gaz is spot-on in his Mach III assessment. I want to add that Product Liability concerns would prevent Kawasaki or anyone else from unleashing such monsters as the H Triples on an unsuspecting public today. TONS of Go. Little Turn and almost no Stop. The thrill was in surviving the ride.

The folks over at Yamaha also had some two-stroke trickery after the R5/RD/RZ 350s. In a classic example of Corporate Product Error, they tooled up a MotoGP replica V4 500 dubbed the RZ 500 and sent it forth. Only then did they find that the much stricter EPA emissions rules were emerging. Wouldn't certify for smog.

I don't think the RZ500 was ever sold legally in the USA, but Grey Market ones pop up every so often. Performance was probably no better than current 4-stroke 600s, but smelled better. I saw one somewhere recently for $20K. Rare is expensive...
Last edited by Wheelman-111 on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: RZ & RD

Post by burnt_toast »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Gaz is spot-on in his Mach III assessment. I want to add that Product Liability concerns would prevent Kawasaki or anyone else from unleashing such monsters as the H Triples on an unsuspecting public today. TONS of Go. Little Turn and almost no Stop. The thrill was in surviving the ride.

The folks over at Yamaha also had some two-stroke trickery after the R5/RD/RZ 350s. In a classic example of Corporate Product Error, they tooled up a MotoGP replica V4 500 dubbed the RZ 500 and sent it forth. Only then did they find that the much stricter EPA emissions rules were emerging. Wouldn't certify for smog.

I don't think the RZ500 was ever sold [ b]legally[/b] in the USA, but Grey Market ones pop up every so often. Performance was probably no better than current 4-stroke 600s, but smelled better. I saw one somewhere recently for $20K. Rare is expensive...
Yup seen a few RZ500's on the usa2strokers boards, sick bikes. I personally hope to own an RZ350 some day..