I bought a used corsa cylinder and head...

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

zilerobe
Noob
Noob

Post by zilerobe »

My great uncle owned a wood picture framing shop for many years and when he passed last summer he left it to us. All the wood working tools available to mankind including the bit set. When we first saw the set we were in disbelief. Couldn't imagine what any bit that tiny could be used for until now. As for where it came from... somewhere in washington state. but they are available. We have the #1-80 set but here is one just like it, only a #61-80, which are all the useful ones for our application.

http://gyros-precision-tools-inc.amazon ... ce=froogle

If you wire the pump open, what's the difference between that and a straight premix? If it's wired open wouldn't there be a constant flow of oil? Or is it still RPM dependent? You said you have it "wired to deliver full volume just before full throttle." Does this mean it's wired say 1/4 open at idle and thus fully open at 3/4 throttle? Like it's just ~ahead~ of the throttle?
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

thats it. stock, the oil pump operates in parallel to the throttle, more oil at higher throttle openings, less at idle, etc. if you wire if open, its full pop all the time, which is beneficial when running higher displacement than stock. i would run premix, but thats just me, you should be fine running the injector, especially with the stock carb. once you upgrade that i would do premix, but until then, budget style!!!
zilerobe
Noob
Noob

Post by zilerobe »

ok I did it.

I splurged and bought a pg long, 28 mm OKO, chrome intake, throttle cable, and air filter.

I am officially addicted! My scoot hauled before but apparently it still wasn't enough.

Who knows what kind of jetting I should start off with now? Is the OKO carb jetted anywhere close to where it should be with my set up?