this is marc

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Re: this is marc

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

I too just bought one of your bore kits and a key switch, did'nt know that you were the one selling them. just have to find a machine shop around.
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
xsh0rty
BMX
BMX

Post by xsh0rty »

y u goin to a machine shop?
CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

The head needs to be milled for the bigger piston.
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

I thought it was straight bolt-on?
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

It is?!
CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

i got a piece of paper with my kit, it said, "for the 44mm kits you will need to get your head grooved(turned) for the bigger piston to seat on the stock head. take your stock head to a machine shop with the piston and tell them you need your head milled for the new piston... if you do not machine the head your piston will smack the head and break."
it also said it might cost around 10$ to have it done
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
xsh0rty
BMX
BMX

Post by xsh0rty »

i was thinking about how that would work actually... im glad i found out! my kit came with no instructions or paper, but i did get a new jet :mrgreen:

I have a question about rings though, I thought i read somewhere that the top ring has a chromed top on it... but both rings have the same color... black on top and bottom but chrome around the lip (err.. outside of the ring)... i didnt get 2 bottom rings on accident did I? the plastic bag it came in was ripped open already.

this is a quote from marc's ebay listing: "This kit is also nice because it does not have the flat top piston that was stock witht the spree. This RIK piston kit will seat on the head much better than the stock design."
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

It'd be cool if Marc chimed in and cleared this up.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

agreed.
CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

i have the same rings as you do, they have the chrome on the outer rim of the ring
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

usually on a two stroke if the ring grooves are cut the same width it doesnt matter. you can check this by sticking one end of the ring in the groove and seeing how it fits, if the other groove fits the same, then your good to go. on four strokes there are more sets of rings for oil control and such, usually all different sizes. four stroke rings are usually marked in relation to their orientation with a little dimple or some sort of identifying mark...again, usually not on two strokes...
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Typically I see the chrome ring on top, cast (gray) ring on bottom.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
xsh0rty
BMX
BMX

Post by xsh0rty »

ya thats what i have read, but these both seem the same, and the grooves also seem the same.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Sorry fellas I have been super busy with repairs, school, kids and e-bay. Botht the rings are the same size. Gives a bit more longer life.
Use the 95 jet for break in, and after if you like it. I am getting 85s made for the kit. The 95 is a little big, but will work just fine for now.
Yes the head needs to be turned to fit the 44 mm piston. See the stock spee piton has a flat to. The piton in my kits do not have the flat piston. This causes a better squish at the top of the stroke.
I am working on the Aero 50 kits. I forgot to send that to my maker. Now I am all * because I forgot. Be patient.
I did get news on the 47mm cylinder kit for the spree. It can be made as a bolt on kit. No mods to be done to the case. I have to make a new mold. And wow is it expensive. I will sell all the 44mm and then get 47mm's made. I will get some info on racing gears for the spree in the next few days. Any ideas on what ratio would be good for the spree? I did also send one of noisemans mufflers to my makers. I hope will be seeing an expansion chamber muffler for the spree soon. We will get the spree to do 60mph no problem.
Thanks for you support...
Marc
xsh0rty
BMX
BMX

Post by xsh0rty »

whats up marc i had emailed you earlier about the head, I am a happy ebay customer of yours..... and for the guys who dont enjoy bidding, I picked up Marc's kit for the same price as he sells it here... I was a little late knowing he was on this forum, heh. Havent installed anything yet, but as generally read on this forum, his kits are top notch! I really hope the market expands for the products you are making! Wow 60mph sounds scary on a spree... especially out here in Los Angeles... one pothole or a twist on Muholland drive i would be screwed... Death by 55cc Scooter... doesnt sound too badass haha - maybe sell it w/ a wide back tire conversion :P