what setup should i do?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

mrgunderson89
Noob
Noob

what setup should i do?

Post by mrgunderson89 »

alright, i have a 2001 honda elite dio, with a 1996 elite dio motor, the motor has an 80cc topend, uni air filter, im not sure of the jet size, i just drilled out the stock and it works great :lol: i have a krs variator that came on it when i bought it, and im not exectly sure of the weights, im thinking of switching to a different variator. i have a 2k clutch and 2k torque spring, with the rest of the clutch stock, i got the 16x32 gear kit from daywot, im not sure what else is done to it, i think the rest is cosmetic. but im putting in a new crank tomorrow cause mine broke, but when i had it running before it was really fast, and i could pass 45mph traffic like nothing, i just wanna m ake sure im getting the most out of my setup, my variator takes 8 weights, which is different, so i just wanna no what other dio users would recomend for my set up. this is my first elite, but im pretty good with motors, and this is the second time i have had to build it from the ground up. let me no if you have anything.

thanks a bunch guys

-matt
-MATT

-2001/1996 honda elite dio, 80cc, gear kit, variator, 2k clutch springs, UNI air filter, and a bit more :D
-2001 tomos targa LX, 70cc, carb, 27th gear, and some more....not running :(
-1995 Lexus sc400, aftermarket rims :P
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: what setup should i do?

Post by burnt_toast »

mrgunderson89 wrote:alright, i have a 2001 honda elite dio, with a 1996 elite dio motor, the motor has an 80cc topend, uni air filter, im not sure of the jet size, i just drilled out the stock and it works great :lol: i have a krs variator that came on it when i bought it, and im not exectly sure of the weights, im thinking of switching to a different variator. i have a 2k clutch and 2k torque spring, with the rest of the clutch stock, i got the 16x32 gear kit from daywot, im not sure what else is done to it, i think the rest is cosmetic. but im putting in a new crank tomorrow cause mine broke, but when i had it running before it was really fast, and i could pass 45mph traffic like nothing, i just wanna m ake sure im getting the most out of my setup, my variator takes 8 weights, which is different, so i just wanna no what other dio users would recomend for my set up. this is my first elite, but im pretty good with motors, and this is the second time i have had to build it from the ground up. let me no if you have anything.

thanks a bunch guys

-matt
what exactly do you want us to recommend?

to maximize potential:
add ct mani, and larger carb 28mm works great
pg long exhaust

run 6-7g weights, keep the krs if its shifting fine but much more roller options with standard 6roller setup, keli oko are good ones
projects galore :nerd:
mrgunderson89
Noob
Noob

Post by mrgunderson89 »

thanks a bunch how much does that cost do you othink
-MATT

-2001/1996 honda elite dio, 80cc, gear kit, variator, 2k clutch springs, UNI air filter, and a bit more :D
-2001 tomos targa LX, 70cc, carb, 27th gear, and some more....not running :(
-1995 Lexus sc400, aftermarket rims :P
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda-DI ... ccessories

+145(plus shipping) for pg long from vtcycles