How to split a AF16e case for noobs. Plus 120cc install

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Re: How to split a AF16e case for noobs. Plus 120cc install

Post by tru72 »

I give you credit! we all started the same way at one time or another.
I was going to correct you on the hows and whys of doing certain things, but you have done it with minimum tools.
all I have to say is good job!
My only note here is to make sure you got your Jetting correct and make sure you got like 135ish compression. I feel its a big motor and you already have the CC for power. That way you ll have a way more reliable bike. Also dont be alarmed if it does do "soft" seizes on you.. Sometimes they jus happen when first doing your first motor.
have fun!
aloha
D
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Thanks Tru72,

I am going to have fun riding with this motor. I got 125 compression without the exhaust and intake so its not really accurate. But i can tell this engine has one * of a compression stroke. All i had was a die grinder,sockets, wrenches, not even a hammer. But i was able to tear it down, make a dummy bearing as a guide, also cut a boost port and put together this huge motor. I used all the parts that i carry to accomplish this. So in the future if i sell you a stroker kit i know what i am talking about. I have 3 engines and 2 elite 50 scooters i might make them all 120cc but i want to make a 51mm big bore with a 44.1mm mini stroker crank so that i can inform everyone what the outcome of both scooters are. This PE KEihin carb is designed for 135cc bikes so i might have to play with the jets and get the correct fuel mixture. I got a digital egt that also does CHT i will buy a thermocoupler so that i can keep an eye on this motor. Rumor has it that they get hot very quick. So i need to keep an eye on this. I am not going to do a very tall gear i want dangerous acceleration just because i live in town and maximum speed limit is 45mph. Note i will also take more pictures of me putting the accesories on and the fan shroud fitment issues. It seems nothing will work with this big motor. I am going to try and get a video camera so i can document the parts i try and the outcome. All in all this has been a good learning experience and also the fastest scooter in TN haha. Take that you chinese 150cc
tru72
CB900F
CB900F

Post by tru72 »

51x44 is a pretty nice set up. Done correctly it can rival any polini or malossi set up.
Importance there is porting and "tuning".
aloha
D
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Guys it is a sad day. I tried to kick the 120cc motor but no luck. Turnsover great but does not fire up. I have tried sparying some carb cleaner no luck. So the fancy motor is up for sale 150.00 plus shipping. :cry:
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

you check for spark and fuel?plus carb clean won't make it start.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

There was a super rusty flywheel iwas to lazy to clean it.
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

lol.. Cant give up that easily.. Give it some gas! Turn the throttle a little while your kicking it.. make sure your holding the brake in while your starting it... unless that dont apply to kick start. Though you have to hold the break in durring electric start.

* it took my 88 elite about 10 mins to start the first time after sitting there in parts for 20 years.. Check the fuel lines to see if its getting gas if that dont work.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Guys the flywheel is super rusty. There is no spark so i know whats wrong with it now. Gonna lightly sand the flywheel to get spark from magneto
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

You're doing good for your first time, just take your time and don't rush your work. Don't give up so easily, I think my first stroker had all sorts of problems mostly with fitment. Soft seizing is minor actually, some motors actually run better after they seize for some reason haha.
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

don't forget to hookup the ground wire(green wire with loop ring thats comes from the stator)on to the block.if thats not hooked up no spark too.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

bakaracer wrote:don't forget to hookup the ground wire(green wire with loop ring thats comes from the stator)on to the block.if thats not hooked up no spark too.
I forgot to do that last time I pulled my motor
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Guys thanks for the support. The green wire has been hooked up. Here is the problem i took the magneto off and cleaned it also the magnet. Light sanding. So here is the problem magneto is bad there is no spark. After i cleaned it no spark. So i am going to take a working magneto off one of my extra motors. I know it will start now. So far no leaks woo hoo. :D

P.S.

Tons of fitment issues the fan has to be modified to fit extra big crank. Fan shroud needs a little bit of shaving. Other than that the motor has tons of compression now. Jesus with the exhaust and intake on i would guess about 175psi. I will check and verify but the motor kicks over nice and sounds great
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

before you fire up that motor,make sure you mod the fan shroud.if you don't it will melt on to the cylinder head and no air will pass over it.plus you will have to find another one.you will need to extend it taller.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Thanks friend i have modded the fan shroud so it will go on
Limp1144
Elite
Elite

Post by Limp1144 »

Stroker motor lives. First kick after i changed the magneto BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ly0MDxl022E

Letting it idle to do the first heat cool cycle. First time running let it run for 10 minutes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9vuQEuj06U

Gonna break it in with love