performance exhaust?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

carp
Spree
Spree

Re: performance exhaust?

Post by carp »

The example in the Jennings book points out a problem just like the area I'm referring to,at the point of the beginning of the up sweep.That corner at the bottom rear.You've understood about the one in the 180 just after the chamber.Look it up in the Jennings (tuners guide) book, in the Advanced tech doc. section.The illustration is on page 60 (screen #35,lower left ,2stroke tuners guide in PDF).It says it all on that page.Again the idea was very good,just missed a couple of details.Carp
'98 sa50(thanks evailone),'95 sa 50,'86 spree(thanks wikked_spree57) ,'82 nu,'81 puch,'80 nc,(2)'78nc
'78 ranchero,'77 pinto wagon,'64 t bird,'48 ford tudor,'31 ford furdor
and they all need lots of love !!!
mookie
Elite
Elite

Re: performance exhaust?

Post by mookie »

and all the bends in dirt bike chambers?
i can appreciate herr Jennings opinion but he aint the last word in chamber design nor am i trying to be any sort of pipe builder. i
simply wanted to play round with some leftovers i had from race bikes.
i drilled a main jet yesterday to.90 and it seems to help. i may try a step up and see what happens. again just messin around....i have about 125 dollars in the scoot and this includes a new battery and tires.
the intention was to at least attempt to make it a bit better.

please send some pics as you build your i might copy your design if it looks to be better than mine.

l8r
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember