44mm spree big bore kit installation time!!!!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Re: 44mm spree big bore kit installation time!!!!

Post by Spreetard »

Lunytune wrote:
maddog wrote:What is the purpose of this top end only engine build, i hope its not about speed :lol:
I don't know about others, but for me it's torque. I realize part of the problem with the NQ50/SB50 is in the straight drive transmission, but I would like to make every effort to improve takeoff and power. So the ovebore is a reasonable and cost effective way to do a rebuild. I wouldn't do it unless original jug lost compression and needed rebuilding anyway.
exactly. getting up to my slow top speed faster is good enough for me :D
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

toboggan wrote:wheres the throttle adjustment lever? lol
*???? :?

who said anything about the *non-existant* throttle adjustment lever????
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Spreetard wrote:
toboggan wrote:wheres the throttle adjustment lever? lol
*???? :?

who said anything about the *non-existant* throttle adjustment lever????

ATV have throttle levers and throttle lever adjusters, scoots have twist throttles. :roll:
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Bear45-70 wrote:ATV have throttle levers and throttle lever adjusters, scoots have twist throttles. :roll:
Does eat oats and goats eat oats, and a kid'll eat ivy too.
Where is this thread going?
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Lunytune wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:ATV have throttle levers and throttle lever adjusters, scoots have twist throttles. :roll:
Does eat oats and goats eat oats, and a kid'll eat ivy too.
Where is this thread going?
Goats will eat anything except for something metal. :wink:

This thread will end up in the gutter at this rate. Image
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Is this topic finished?

Post by JJ Joseph »

Don't give up! Lets dig in and try to save this topic. Here's my first question to save it: if the cylinder is just a bored out stock cylinder, what piston is the guy using? This looks awfully close to being a totally DIY effort, but we need some more hard facts to get it going. The author blathered on about taking a Dremel to the cylinder head, but in the end he didn't say what he really did, and didn't show any pics. What was done? The other thing we need is the new jet size - so far it somewhere between 65 & 95. Can we fine tune it a bit?

I know Sprees are kind of a tiny scooter joke, especially when you see my 6'-5" self going flat out at 42kph (25mph) along Main Street, but the Spree is priceless because I can lift it up by myself and stick it in the back of my Chevy Tracker. No other scooter can do that trick. But I'd still like to get about 50kph (30mph) out of it, so let's put some life into this topic!
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

ahh. never mind. i miss read. wowww sorry :oops: :roll:
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Is this topic finished?

Post by Lunytune »

JJ Joseph wrote:Don't give up! Lets dig in and try to save this topic. Here's my first question to save it: if the cylinder is just a bored out stock cylinder, what piston is the guy using? This looks awfully close to being a totally DIY effort, but we need some more hard facts to get it going. The author blathered on about taking a Dremel to the cylinder head, but in the end he didn't say what he really did, and didn't show any pics. What was done? The other thing we need is the new jet size - so far it somewhere between 65 & 95. Can we fine tune it a bit?
Here is for inquiring minds. The kit in question is marketed by a fellow known as Tazland in this forum, (aka chopchop in eBay). It is a 3mm overbore kit which comes with a dome piston, but using the old head. Since the old head was designed for 41mm and flathead piston, the 44mm dome piston is going to hit the head around the additional 3mm edge. Best done on a lathe so it is accurate, but shadetree mechanics will use a Dremel to get that clearance. I don't know exactly how deep you have to cut.

chopchop's kit comes with a #95 jet. That's really a bit overkill and will run rich. Most agree that 78 or 85 would be a far better jet. Tazland didn't put a lot of research into the upgrade when he designed and sent it to casting.

The kit is safe from the goat, but don't let him near the plastics. :shock:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes