Keli questions

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

JONESER
Spree
Spree

Re: Keli questions

Post by JONESER »

I ordered a Keli variator from VT Cycles and it came with a ramp plate. I also got it in 2 working days (Hawaii to Florida) for $50 shipped!
akskoot
Spree
Spree

Re: Keli = Nice Upgrade

Post by akskoot »

bradthreee wrote:
Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The Keli is a nice upgrade, especially with the OKO or SEF ramp plate. Remove and discard the grease cover. Run 8-9 g rollers on a near-stock bore and lightly lube only the 3 ramp guides. Round off the sharp edges of whichever ramp plate you choose and the rollers will last longer.
Hey wheelman is there any difference in performance when running the grease cover on the keli?

The first thing I noticed when removing all grease and grease cover from my stock vari was a quicker upshift. Quick enough to bog the mid-range. This makes sense since the grease was originally intended, as I understand, to slow and smooth out the shifting. I am happy with the dry Keli I'm running now but I can't help but wonder what difference an aftermarket ramp guide would make...
1985 Aero 50--'87 AF05 motor, ported and polished, Ruckus Vari, 1.5K torque spring, 1K clutch springs, drilled exhaust/airbox,#85 jet, Pirelli 3.0-10s= 45mph flat
http://www.myspace.com/the1120s Image
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Sounds like i should add grease to my 88 SA50 since it was supposed to have it. Seems like its shifting too soon and its dry now.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Scoot seems a hair better now with greese. Thanks! hehe.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!