44mm spree kits are proven!!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

44mm spree kits are proven!!

Post by tazland001 »

I have sold over 250 44mm kits in the last 4 months. My feedback has been fantastic. If people dont screw up the break-in and installation,They will give you that extra pep that the spree lacks.

ty
marc
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: 44mm spree kits are proven!!

Post by mr pibbs »

tazland001 wrote:I have sold over 250 44mm kits in the last 4 months. My feedback has been fantastic. If people dont screw up the break-in and installation,They will give you that extra pep that the spree lacks.

ty
marc
marc, are scooter parts/repair a career for you or just a side gig? 250 seems like quite a few. Where are they shipping to - mostly the US?

Best of luck
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
Wheelman-111

Stating For the Record

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Congrats on your excellent sales.

When I was tuning Flash II - a Malossi 65cc bore kit on an AF05 Engine - with an aftermarket pipe and intake, I found the ideal jet to be around a 96.

I was a bit surprised when I learned that your kit came with a 95. At least two of your buyers found optimal jetting closer to 85 or so. Since pipe, intake and carb mods are much more difficult to obtain for a Spree, might I ask you to go on the record as to how/why you settled on a #95 main jet for this 58cc kit?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Thanks for the gaskets Marc. I received them yesterday. :thumbwink:

For it to be "proven", there needs to be some sort of documentation and not just feedback or word of mouth.

Show us physical evidence that proves what you are stating...

:geekdance:
SPREEtown
Spree
Spree

Post by SPREEtown »

ordered mine yesterday. cant wait!
1986 Spree SE:
  • pulley mod
    '85 head
    SB50 intake, reeds, carb
    UNI filter
    44mm bbk
    3x10 conti zipps
    next:
    taz gears, sa50 clutch w/ 2k springs
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

yah this is a part of what I do for income. I use to have a shop in vegas for 11 years on las vegas blvd. I still have good connections from when use to import grey market scooters from Japan. I should tell you guys I sold 1,000's upon 1'000's of Japan scooters in vegas. There are probally 500 dios(af21-af24) laying around in vegas that I imported.And many other japan bikes as well. Ton of Japanese jogs. You should have seen the strange bugs that would crawl out those containers. And the stuff under the seats was suprise as well. Las Vegas would be a good place to look for parts and engines for you dio fans. But I sell 95% of my stuff in the USA. I live in Panaca, Nevada and I am the only one in the county who rebuilds scooter, dirt bike, atv engines and full service shop. I work on KTM, Yami(yamaha), Honda, Suzuki, ect. I dont work on chinese junk. My Fav bike is the YZ450. weeeeeeee My boys have yz85's......
As far as the jet issue I use to upgrade the scooters I imported for my customers and the kits where 47mm to 50mm so the jet sizes I used where 95-105. So I wanted use the 95's up. I used one on my spree and it worked fine. I have 85 jets coming in a week and that will be the jets that ship out with the44mm kits from now on.....
I have my experience by volume not by a book. I test my products on the bikes not paper. That my engineers jobs. I fu#$in hate math. I have seen all there is to see with scooters........
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

so scooter-san...
what IS the definitive break-in procedure for a big bore scoot?
i installed a 47 Taiwan cylinder with a Malossi head on my 96 Elite/16
and it has soft seized twice before i got to a 115ish main and raised the needle.
i wonder if a Polini or Malossi kit would have been the way to go or (i'm askin my self) was it just me and the details of my situation that has me where i am.
i'm almost afraid to ride the d*** thing now!

stock carb.airbox/V8
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
gatfu
Noob
Noob

Post by gatfu »

I ordered your 44mm kit with the 95 jet and it all works great!!!! I have no issues with your kit and I am really enjoying my new peppier spree. :coolcruise:
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

See the break in soo important, and so is instaallation. On the your 96 elite s, sr. when you did the instalation did you take the intake manifold off? Did you mix oil in your tank? It dont matter about maloosi and Tawain. Most of the kits that come from Taiwan are great kits, and hold up just as well. I have tested both and very extensivlly and they both hold up the same. The Tawain kits are not as clean but the end result is the same.
I am glad your kit runs well. I know it is a pleasent suprise to have the added power. So fun....
BREAK IN
I tell everyone add 2ounces oil to gas for 3 tanks, go only about 25mph-30mph on 47mm and up kits for 2 to 3 weeks. If not you will soft seize you piston and get no real longevity. You want to see some smoke come out of you muffler. Not alot but just a little extra. If you see no oil smoke coming out your muffler you way to lean for break in. the 44mm i recomend the speeds to be 20mph for at least 2 weeks. Now this is from experience and testing on my part. And you may not agree,but it works. I am no paper mechanic....hehe
Marc Olson
mookie
Elite
Elite

Post by mookie »

take the intake manifold off??
not sure what you are referring to-
i stripped and cleaned everything.
new crank/bearings/etc. stock intake.
busting my knuckles on vices since
for long as i can remember
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

v8 pipe + big bore = more jetting needed.

An 85/95 whatever he sends probably would have worked on a stock pipe, but aftermarket pipes open up the flow A LOT.

How many miles/tanks did you go through before it started soft siezing? With the 115 has it ever happened again? What kind of temps are you getting?
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Any info on the tuned pipes for the spree? I'm about to get mine running again as soon as I get a motor and would like my pipe back if you can.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

jstone wrote:Any info on the tuned pipes for the spree? I'm about to get mine running again as soon as I get a motor and would like my pipe back if you can.

A true tuned aftermarket pipe is non-existant at this time. Hopefully in the near future someone will do so.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

Bear45-70 wrote:
jstone wrote:Any info on the tuned pipes for the spree? I'm about to get mine running again as soon as I get a motor and would like my pipe back if you can.

A true tuned aftermarket pipe is non-existant at this time. Hopefully in the near future someone will do so.
I think Jstone has one of noiseguys' "highway" pipes, which he lent to Taz with hope of mass producing it. Im not sure tho I just might be :crazy:
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

bradthreee wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:

I think Jstone has one of noiseguys' "highway" pipes, which he lent to Taz with hope of mass producing it. Im not sure tho I just might be :crazy:
Taz said the Bigger Big Bore (47mm I think) for the Spree would come before the pipe in another thread.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree