44mm spree kits are proven!!

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: 44mm spree kits are proven!!

Post by tazland001 »

yah any mufflers I make will be later. Late next year. I want to get 47mm kits made first. the modified exhaust. Any ideas on braking modification on a spree that goes 55+?????? Maybe a parachute... hehe I will have to label the 47mm kit as a racing kit. Not for street use...

Marc
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

bradthreee wrote:
Bear45-70 wrote:
jstone wrote:Any info on the tuned pipes for the spree? I'm about to get mine running again as soon as I get a motor and would like my pipe back if you can.

A true tuned aftermarket pipe is non-existant at this time. Hopefully in the near future someone will do so.
I think Jstone has one of noiseguys' "highway" pipes, which he lent to Taz with hope of mass producing it. Im not sure tho I just might be :crazy:

Correct. Hoping to get it back sometime, hopefully before "late next year".
Wheelman-111

To Go Faster, First Install Better Brakes

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Taz axt:
Any ideas on braking modification on a spree that goes 55+??????
That's a very good question to be sure. However I do not believe it will need an answer until you wright a pipe that will go along with your proposed 47mm kit. The Spree exhaust simply won't support the RPM you would need to achieve that speed gears or not.

Is it possible that the 95mm brake panel might fit inside a Spree's gossamer forkage? If so, a front wheel assembly from a 1994-later Elite might answer your braking concerns. Improve braking from Totally Terrible to Merely Mediocre. Otherwise, a disc-equipped front end might be the ticket to preventing a Spree-shaped dent in the side of that Avalon. :shock:
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I was thinking weight might be a factor as well when braking. Is this true? Disk brakes for the front could work but who would want to spend the money.. I was thinking more like a cynder block and rope might work.. just kidding......

Marc
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

To be fully effective, :o brakes have to stop the bike and the rider. Sprees are 30-40 pounds lighter than Elites, but add the weight of a 180-pound rider and you're hauling down 270 instead of 300, an insignificant difference. Speed's the thing, and that whole "square of velocity" thing means brakes have to grow disproportionately bigger as you go faster.

Cinder blocks work well if you're riding soft surfaces. For pavement, tie one end of a stout rope to your luggage rack. The other end you tie to this:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

Lash the anchor over the coiled rope using a Velcro (Tm-R) tie-down. Flip it off when that Camry turns across your path. :shock:

Seriously, I have some misgivings about that tiny front drum stopping more than once from 50. Does the slightly-less-tiny 95mm drum panel even fit?
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Thats funny... i dont know of any honda scooter fork system that would work on the spree with disk brakes. the AF24 is the earliest model scooter I ever saw with disk brakes from honda. Braking will have to be an issue. There has to be a solution down the road.