Taiwan 66cc kit installed

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Re: Taiwan 66cc kit installed

Post by GN Racer »

On the Aero, I'm on my second one (Taiwan 66cc) right now. I dropped a clip & seized the bore on the 1st!... :x

Stock carb with just a bigger jet and a Keli pulley. 10:1 gears stock airbox and stock pipe. Goes 0-40 MPH real quick, with a top speed of about 50 MPH with me on it. (215#'s).
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

GN Racer wrote:On the Aero, I'm on my second one (Taiwan 66cc) right now. I dropped a clip & seized the bore on the 1st!... :x

Stock carb with just a bigger jet and a Keli pulley. 10:1 gears stock airbox and stock pipe. Goes 0-40 MPH real quick, with a top speed of about 50 MPH with me on it. (215#'s).
what kind of rpm's were you able to turn it at? cause daywots ad says 6900 redline, and i just dont see why thats so low
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

cheap bore kits+a stock carb= boom :lol:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

maddog wrote:cheap bore kits+a stock carb= boom :lol:
i no longer have a stock carb :lol:
GN Racer
Goped
Goped

Post by GN Racer »

RPM = I've never had a tach (on a moped) before so I have no clue. At 45+ MPH though, the engine was definitely winding out with the 10:1... :lol:

Upon disassembly, I noticed that I had installed a hotter plug by accident (B7) instead of the B8 that I normally would have used. Ugh.

I got this setup because it is low maintenance, QUIET, and is quick enough for me.

The sending unit wire on my VDO CHT gauge broke a while back and i never bothered to replace it. I guess I'll have to now.

If this one (bore) gives me any problems, I'll go with a Malossi or Polini 72 with a 28 Keihin w/airbox, 8:1 gears or so & maybe a pipe. Way more than enough get up and go for me...
Geoff

'85 Aero 50 w/Dio 66cc
'87 Elite 50 w/Dio 72cc
'87 Spree -SOLD!
Puch Magnum
Yamaha Razz POS -Soon to be Dio powered!