Spree 44mm bore kits?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Spree 44mm bore kits?

Post by odinxxix »

a smidge off subject, but are you guys that installed the bbk already useing the standard heat range ngk plug?(6) or are you useing a hotter range? and for exhaust think im going to try useing stock muffler just put a 24-25mm pipe inbetween header and muff.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

odinxxix wrote:a smidge off subject, but are you guys that installed the bbk already useing the standard heat range ngk plug?(6) or are you useing a hotter range? and for exhaust think im going to try useing stock muffler just put a 24-25mm pipe inbetween header and muff.
I use BRP6HSA for all my scooters. The #8 is for extended high speed riding, and the #4 is for cold weather. If it's that cold, I'm not riding! :crazy: No, seriously, it would be for extreme cold in Northern areas.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
SPREEtown
Spree
Spree

Post by SPREEtown »

tazland001 wrote:actually UNI has a free flows that work perfect for this application. I will have to buy some and sell them on my store. UNI also has 1" free flow filter plugs. They are perfect. I use to use them all the time for upgrades. If you drill holes in the stock box for the spree, you need to do it on the top. That way the air is still filtered.. Just need to clean the filter more often.

Marc Olson
part number?
1986 Spree SE:
  • pulley mod
    '85 head
    SB50 intake, reeds, carb
    UNI filter
    44mm bbk
    3x10 conti zipps
    next:
    taz gears, sa50 clutch w/ 2k springs
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

I dont remember the part number. I will make sure I carry the 1inch plugs and the free flow filyer next spring. most motorcycle stores sell them.

Marc
benH
Noob
Noob

Post by benH »

I drilled holes in the side of the airbox not the top since I didnt check here before I got the drill out... so we will see how that goes, two 1inch holes on the back side and belt side of the airbox, right near the inlet. I am going to find a simple way to make sure the air is filtered when it goes through to the carb, and I ordered a replacement stock filter from the honda house to put in the box.

Does anyone have a good suggestion for getting studs for the new cylinders? the old cylinder was pretty corroded so Im not going to dig the old ones out, and I gotta put new ones in so I can put the pipe on! Lowe's?
Wheelman-111

A Visit to the Bad Part of Town

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

You can try this trick before you give up on the old exhaust studs:

Thread one 10mm hex nut, then another. Cross-tighten them very tightly together with a pair of wrenches, turning in opposite directions. Then grab the nut closest to the cylinder with a BOX-END wrench and try to unscrew the whole assembly. If it's hard enough to dent the skin on your fingers, consider heating the cylinder adjacent to the stud with a propane torch. You don't need to get it glowing - just a little heat often works. If that fails douse liberally with any commercial thread-loosening spray (Or a 50/50 mix of acetone and ATF) and give the stud a few stout taps with a BFH.* Then heat some more and try again. Just don't use too much brute force, these things tend to break pretty easily.

A visit to the Nuts 'n' Bolts Store in the Bad Part of Town will turn up something called "All-Thread". You're looking for M6 size, and it'll be a couple bucks for a foot-long segment you can cut to fit. Another hint: Thread 3 hex nuts onto the piece before you cut it. You can guess why. :)
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

I can see the disillusion about the Spree. Having one speed and weak power. Your choices are gear it up and give up acceleration. Or bore it out and get a bit of it back.
My best advice is to find a late model Chinese engine and install it. I have Rumia engine and can go 60 mph. You need a variator guys. Get 22:1 in low and 8:1 in high range.

My bike is an EliteE and looks amazingly stock.
Dave
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

I can see the disillusion about the Spree. Having one speed and weak power.

This is true, but they are also fun, even for a 240 lb chunk like me. I also like my wife's Elite E and am anxious to get it rebuilt. I wouldn't swap out the motor on either one of them for a Dio. I have 4 scooters with variators, and they do have more power, but they are also heavier.
jamadi112233
Spree
Spree

Post by jamadi112233 »

I agree, with my spree i can pick it up and carry a short distance if need be. i cannot carry an elite for my life. That make a huge difference in the city. I also have the only spree in town, or so it seems, everyone drives those made in china rigs that end up being lawn ornaments after 400 miles.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

jamadi112233, you make me laugh. Springfield is no small town. My town is 4000. And yes, I do believe I own all the Honda 50's in this town. In fact, I doubt there are a dozen scooters total, and most of the others are Chinese.

Now that we've lauded the spree, I still like my AF16's. Son and I went out scouting today, (deer season starts Saturday) and went places an ATV couldn't go. When we came to a place we couldn't turn around, although I couldn't pick the scooter up completely, I could pick up one end enough to turn it around. Son's scoot had a street tire, mine had a knobby on back, But did pretty good.
1987 Honda spree
Noob
Noob

Post by 1987 Honda spree »

So I have heard I have to find some razz guy any help
SPREEtown
Spree
Spree

Post by SPREEtown »

anyone know around what # jet should be run, if an sb50 intake system is installed? its a 68 stock, this is the same a a spree stock jet? so im guessing around #85 for the sb50 set up?
1986 Spree SE:
  • pulley mod
    '85 head
    SB50 intake, reeds, carb
    UNI filter
    44mm bbk
    3x10 conti zipps
    next:
    taz gears, sa50 clutch w/ 2k springs
MXRacer293
Noob
Noob

Post by MXRacer293 »

how much do the 44 kits cost roughly?
Tuxedo
BMX
BMX

Post by Tuxedo »

I got my BBK for 70 but then once it arrived it says that you need to get your head milled... another 20. Which is weird because the diagram shows a 44mm head and when i aligned it up with the one i currently have they matched. Does anyone know if you have to get your head milled?
madskater1987
BMX
BMX

Post by madskater1987 »

Yes you do need to get your head milled.

I used a elite head and had my machinest mill it as a high compresion head with a nice sqush band