honda dio bore kit

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

do u think i should get a new one or just leave it ? or do i just got to set it differtly i really dont noe much about greas.. :oops:
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

changing your gearing will allow for a higher top speed, but is not neccesary. i usually change all of mine. a new set of gears usually runs around $35. then you have to press em in
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

bitteraspects wrote:changing your gearing will allow for a higher top speed, but is not neccesary. i usually change all of mine. a new set of gears usually runs around $35. then you have to press em in
you can get the front set and then you don't have to press it
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

would it be a big job?
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

and if you run a bore kit without changing the gear ratio you will blow it, with a larger carb at least it will last longer if you know when to back off, i watch my temp guage!
hrnytrtlsgsxr
Elite
Elite

Post by hrnytrtlsgsxr »

diomike wrote:would it be a big job?
Not ith the front set. You will probably need anothe gear cover gasket and gear oil.the front gears consits of the inner gear which would be the smallest of all foru and the gear that attatches to the bell.the stocl bell gear will have to be pressed out or use a rubber mallet to take out of the case cover and install the new one in. Replace the inner gear with the new one.When putting back together don't forget the red washer on the inner side of the inner gear. and the metal washer on the outer side on the same gear.if it is too tight when you blot back up and the gears don't move smoothly some people take out either the red or metal washer out.
deathwish
Spree
Spree

Post by deathwish »

do u think he bog cuz of the gears or cuz he got to set the carb?
Wanna kno how to keep an idiot busy for hours look below

Wanna kno how to keep an idiot busy for hours look above
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

well if he put a bore kit, and didnt jet it right -pilot and main ,then you could bog, but you can bog too because of the weights, or it could be the cneter spring and clutch springs cant handle and are engaging to early esp with a bore
Remember,everyone is human,even if there stupid!
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

when i got the kit i noticed that the jet it came with was making it run rich with the stoke air box. so i put on my con e air filter and it seemed to be ok. i just went on a cruz and around 67-70 km it begins to BOG and when i got to a long strip i put ful throdle and it would not slow down i had to turn off the motor at the red light.. wat should i do, check or change?
and would anyone have link for parts if i need?

ps thnx for ur time :)
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

did you break it in ? cuz you'd rather run rich then lean, waht kit was this ? got a link,bog on top end, like lack of power? or bog like something holding back?
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

did you break it in ? cuz you'd rather run rich then lean, waht kit was this ? got a link,bog on top end, like lack of power? or bog like something holding back?
diomike
Spree
Spree

Post by diomike »

i havent drove it to much maby 2-3 hr in total. it bogs on top end ,its like it gets to much gas or air but i now it has more in it to goo.
85stroka
Elite
Elite

Post by 85stroka »

could be your weights are too heavy?,you gotta make sure it's broken in before getting on her,check you weights,are you premixing?
MySpree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by MySpree »

i hate pre mixing...
bitteraspects
CB900F
CB900F

Post by bitteraspects »

why