polini 72 mini stroker help

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Re: polini 72 mini stroker help

Post by kauaikai »

JAC3 wrote:update my problem was my carb. something was * up under the two phillips screw thet i couldnt get ou, inside the bowl... now my set up is HAMMAH!!! CHEEE!!
oh and what kind exhaust you running?
sym dd50
corsa scorp
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

kauaikai wrote:what speeds you hitting? thinking of putting on mini stroke with my corsa
dont mini stroke a corsa. the port timing is much more ideal with a stock stroke crank.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
deuce217
CB900F
CB900F

Post by deuce217 »

bakaracer wrote:
kauaikai wrote:what speeds you hitting? thinking of putting on mini stroke with my corsa
dont mini stroke a corsa. the port timing is much more ideal with a stock stroke crank.
I would trust in Baka, he has never turned me wrong. He knows more about the AF16 than most will ever want to.
2000 Elite SR50 -THE PURPLE NURPLE
50mm BBK (tai)
26mm OKO (round slide) 135 Main Jet
V-8 pipe
39/18 secondary gears (7.583:1 ratio)
36 grams in Prodigy variator
Malossi Delta Clutch & WIng Bell- Thanks RED EFT
65mph GPS (on the freeway)
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth Deuce:
...trust in Baka, he has never turned me wrong. He knows more about the AF16 than most will ever want to
True that. No matter what the endeavor, competition brings out the very best. And you learn less when you're winning than when you're sweeping up the pieces. I suspect Baka-san has paid his dues with a good share of both. Respect.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Thanks guys! yes I have to know all the different combos if I want to podium every race. Thats what you have to do to win. yes I payed my dues over the past 23 yrs of playing with these motors and building them.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
JAC3
BMX
BMX

Post by JAC3 »

i hit 65 mph on my phone GPS, stayed at that speed i dont know still slow for me... i think like one full stroker.. and im running pg long.
JAC3
BMX
BMX

Post by JAC3 »

bakaracer wrote:Thanks guys! yes I have to know all the different combos if I want to podium every race. Thats what you have to do to win. yes I payed my dues over the past 23 yrs of playing with these motors and building them.
hey baka which 86cc would you recommend?.. i think the 86 had more torque than my mini stroke corsa..i want to pop wheelies like my gsxr750
kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Post by kauaikai »

JAC3 wrote:
i hit 65 mph on my phone GPS, stayed at that speed i dont know still slow for me... i think like one full stroker.. and im running pg long.
ahh ok i thought you would be hitting higher then that...i got mines up to 69mph it has alot of power off the line. he wheelies easy and its a sym... jus thought would have more action with da mini
Attachments
bottom right is top speed
bottom right is top speed
IMG_1395.PNG (79.65 KiB) Viewed 5140 times
sym dd50
corsa scorp
JAC3
BMX
BMX

Post by JAC3 »

kauaikai wrote:
JAC3 wrote:
ahh ok i thought you would be hitting higher then that...i got mines up to 69mph it has alot of power off the line. he wheelies easy and its a sym... jus thought would have more action with da mini
nice how many grams weights u running and what gear ratio i think i gon switch back to 8:1..
anyone know what max speed of 8:1 gearing?..
kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Post by kauaikai »

nice how many grams weights u running and what gear ratio i think i gon switch back to 8:1..
anyone know what max speed of 8:1 gearing?..[/quote]

dis was with 45grams i think with 7.84...i couldve gone faster but i was catching up to da car in front of me. hows da mini though choke torque hah? he stand up? mo bettah go strokah aready haha...gata find one other motor and make one monstah!!!
sym dd50
corsa scorp
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

JAC3 wrote:
bakaracer wrote:Thanks guys! yes I have to know all the different combos if I want to podium every race. Thats what you have to do to win. yes I payed my dues over the past 23 yrs of playing with these motors and building them.
hey baka which 86cc would you recommend?.. i think the 86 had more torque than my mini stroke corsa..i want to pop wheelies like my gsxr750
the 50-51 bores like the ruima is made to run with a mini stroke crank.plus your going up in cc so the torque should increase more than running a 72 cylinder. try 8.44 gears or 9 to1 gears if you want the front to come up easier.the dd50 us a heavy bike.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
kauaikai
BMX
BMX

Post by kauaikai »

@baka what kind gear oil you use?
sym dd50
corsa scorp
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

10w40 which is what honda recommends. I do add some if the lucas oil heavy duty stabilizer that comes in the tall white bottle. it makes the oil a little tackey so that the oil sticks to the gears better.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
maddog
CB900F
CB900F

Post by maddog »

WoW, is baka my only competion on this forum= 40+yrs building engines, remember those 140cc custom jog block engines well they are long gone, i have payed more than my dues and my project builds reflct it, remember if you go cheap you will post on this forum :smile:
some people dream of speed, i own your dreams!
JAC3
BMX
BMX

Post by JAC3 »

maddog wrote:WoW, is baka my only competion on this forum= 40+yrs building engines, remember those 140cc custom jog block engines well they are long gone, i have payed more than my dues and my project builds reflct it, remember if you go cheap you will post on this forum :smile:
can u cut the case with out the special tool for a stroker?.. looks easy to free hand with a carbide bit just gotta go slow..