Mods for wheelies?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

SkeetSkeet
BMX
BMX

Re: Mods for wheelies?

Post by SkeetSkeet »

thanks, yes i did the paint job and IMO is way better than the burgundy color it was before!
I ordered the jdm integrated taillights and 6 gram rollers! should be here in 2 days! But do you thing it will be too light of a weight for my trans?
I'm not too worried about top speed as much because i'll be putting a malossi 72bbk within a week or so but for now i'm hitting 50mph downhill already! And i only have a v8 typhoon pipe and rejet stock carb! Also one more question, when i put the bbk on will i need a intake manifold and pwk/oko carb or can i just rejet and put a uni-filter on my stock carb? Thanks
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

If you're running an aftermarket exhaust and airfilter it'll be hard to get the carb tuned properly because of the really small pilot and main jet with the stock carb. There's a post in the tech doc about drilling jets that you might want to take a look at. If you really really insist on running the stock carb with the bbk then I would suggest running it with stock airbox and stock exhaust.
SkeetSkeet
BMX
BMX

Post by SkeetSkeet »

Ok thanks!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

This thread inspired me to see if I could wheelie my stock aero 80 except for 90 jet and power reeds. It wheelies pretty well in fact, I was surprised. I was too chicken to go too far but it was still fun to try it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

Yeah I say ditch the stock carb when you get the bbk, you'll never look back. That thing will probably wheelie for week solid with the proper carb and intake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
SkeetSkeet
BMX
BMX

Post by SkeetSkeet »

Thanks i will update when the parts come!
SkeetSkeet
BMX
BMX

Post by SkeetSkeet »

Ok guys, I got my roller in the mail and installed and it definately accelerate better with 6g rollers but still can't wheelie! maybe i'm being lazy but i'm pulling back and sitting far aft on the seat, still no wheelie longer than a foot! Anyway should i invest in clutch springs next? And what rpm 1500?
I'm thinking about just doing an all out build and go ahead and buy the bbk, intake manifold and carb!
Thinking about these item from scrappydogscooters

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Honda ... aelim.html

47mm bbk $130
intake reed valve $40

In the performance section for 2 strokes there is
24mm OKO carb $50 comes with spare jets
48mm air filter $10

Please tell me if this is a good investment? if not i'll just slowly build this scooter by buying clutch springs! thanks
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

SkeetSkeet wrote:Ok guys, I got my roller in the mail and installed and it definately accelerate better with 6g rollers but still can't wheelie! maybe i'm being lazy but i'm pulling back and sitting far aft on the seat, still no wheelie longer than a foot! Anyway should i invest in clutch springs next? And what rpm 1500?
I'm thinking about just doing an all out build and go ahead and buy the bbk, intake manifold and carb!
Thinking about these item from scrappydogscooters

http://www.scrappydogscooters.com/Honda ... aelim.html

47mm bbk $130
intake reed valve $40

In the performance section for 2 strokes there is
24mm OKO carb $50 comes with spare jets
48mm air filter $10

Please tell me if this is a good investment? if not i'll just slowly build this scooter by buying clutch springs! thanks
Treatland sells the intake for $30 so that would save you $10. https://www.treatland.tv/OKO-26mm-reed- ... -block.htm
Make sure the 24mm carb is a flat slide an not a round slide. Couple posts here on the forums say flat is better. (i cant really tell from the picture which it is)
Might also want to consider a UNI filter instead. People seem to like the UNI filter better. http://www.unifilter.com/clamp_on.html (part number 4200ast or 4200st)
Performance variator and better ramp plate would also come in handy. Hope this helps, good luck :D
SkeetSkeet
BMX
BMX

Post by SkeetSkeet »

well that manifold is a 26mm would that make a difference? oh and this air filter is uni style filter not sure it is a uni.
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

Pretty sure they are the same intakes. 26mm doesn't mean it only fits a 26mm carb. On the description it talks about using a 28mm carb with it. Pretty sure it first a lot of OKO carbs, prolly 21mm+