Fabrizi 50mm Squish

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Re: Fabrizi 50mm Squish

Post by DirtyE »

Im going to have to run my timings again tomorrow. I took .2mm off the top of the barrel tonight and am sitting with an average of .7mm squish. The fabrizi "manual" which is a 1 page sheet suggests squish of ,6-,7mm.

Taking that .2mm is going to change my timings once again by a degree or two because im less distance to the deck. I can run the numbers at home cause I've got a * windows 8 box without excel.

Yes road race(to me) is sort of like drag race from stop light to stop light. Ill be riding with Whitey and his 129cc beast so I've got to squeeze a lot out of this kit. If I push it too far, I buy another kit. $275 for anew isn't bad. I dont really have $275 to blow per say, but im not blowing a $400 evo/mhr kit either.

To be honest, this stuff is fun. Working with metal, tiny measurements, calculations. Then with the case porting you get to be creative and expressive.

Here is a link to another thread regarding my build. Blowdown should still be around 30 which shouldn't be too pipey, but the ports will be higher. There is a pic of the head from the fabrizi kit in this thread as well: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=30566

Edit: I just saw your post of 187/128/30. Were gonna be in the same ballpark there. What pipe are you running? My main concern was finding a descent pipe. I got lucky getting a c16 from G9.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I don't think shaving the barrel is really going to change your timings which is determined by the piston stroke/crankshaft, which didn't change. The piston isn't going any higher, you just brought the ceiling down. Your compression will increase a bit however.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

The distance from the top of the port to the top of the barrel has changed. But you know, you might be right because of where the piston sits at BDC. A thinner base gasket wouldve brought the floor of the ports below the piston crown, so it wasn't an option. I wanted to keep the crown and the port floors even. So I guess they will still be open the same amount of time, just with less room above. Ah, its been a long day. You're right Wheelman. My bad.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Blow down is perfect at 30 for a well ported and flowing case, a bit much if you are going mild. Necessary for top end power but the big winner is the size of the boost port on these fabrizi. I'm going to do a triple exhaust port on a 55mm cylinder next.
Wheels is right, no change in timing just compression.
I have a few pipes to use, I don't like the fabrizi I have on it just based on the sound. I will probably stick with my motorio c16 in the end but I'll play around with a few.
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Fabrizi is a funny company. Cutting edge, well known, but they leave work for the end user. With cylinders its ok, with pipes not so much.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Here's my dilemma. One of the factors of equating timing is port ceiling to top of deck measurement. Removing meat from the top of the barrel shortens the distance, raises port timing as per my spreadsheet.

Here is a different scenario though. If I would have been able to take that meat off the head timing in my calculator spreadsheet would have not changed.

Im consulting with bram right now on google hangouts to get his word whether this is a calculator error, or I am missing something.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

When milling the deck and not using more base gaskets the timing stays. Unless your changing the length of your crank. TDC is TDC. Whether it be TDC at the deck or TDC in the head it's the same. Compression and squish is what's changed and depending on how far you go Msv can also. If you change the head deck height the compression and, depending on head design, Msv will change. Changing the head design will change Msv more than closing your squish tho. Fun stuff!
kauaianman
Spree
Spree

Post by kauaianman »

i think the calculator assumes you are raising the top of the exhaust port and not cutting down the top of the cylinder.
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Yes, it just uses the measurement from top of port to deck. It took a minute or 10 for me to figure that out with the help of others here.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

does the head on your fabrizi kit stick down into the cylinder?
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
whitey
Spree
Spree

Post by whitey »

I don't think so
01 Honda Elite S 120cc Taida H20
78 Honda Hobbit Athena
78 Honda Express/Hobbit Stage6/Athena LC 70
00 Gilera Runner PM Tuning 172
09 Aprillia SR50 Malossi Team MHR
81 Puch ZA50 Polini
71 CT70 Blue
79 Z50 Red
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Nope.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Trafficjamz
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Trafficjamz »

Here is mine.

I wonder if the cylinder is the same.

I know that it came with a different piston in the original kits offered by RedEFT
new best 1/8th mile time 9.647 seconds @67.155 mph 310lbs total weight
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... 6&start=15
thats a different head for sure.
Page 2 has a pic of my head.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

The single ring kit has a different cylinder and head then the old 2 ring style. Mine is the protruding style as well. That new design looks like it could use some clean up. Might be able to use the head with a stroker set up with the double ring.