Af16 help please

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: Af16 help please

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

If you have the stock Ruckus and Elite carbs, no. Elite uses the PA series round slide Keihin. Not sure what a Ruckus has, but suspect it might be a VE vacuum-slide item. Jets probably don't interchange. It shouldn't take much to find a 78, 82, 85 or 88 here - just a Wanted ad in that section. Honda even has - or recently HAD them; part number 99101-187-*78*. The number betwixt the asterisks is the mm/100 size.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Ok I called my local moto atore and there saying for an 88-93 sa50 the stock jet is an 88. If you think it will work on my engine I'll get it coming. Only "mods" I guess are the filter foam over the carb. So based on what you said about the pod/uni filter and 88 should be good?
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Ah-yup, 88 might work, but there's an old saying (OK I made it up...) about jetting: The size you need is the only one you don't have. Consider ordering a 78, an 82 and 85 along with that 88.
Harbor Freight has (or HAD, at least...) a set of indexing drills down to uh, really thin. Use the kit to measure if your "68" really is a 68. Lots of drilled jets floating around. I've drilled a few myself...
And rather than a hunk o' random foam zip-tied around the carb mouth, a proper UNI can be had for about $20. You need the 1" size.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

yea your right wheelman. ill get my self a proper filter and a few jets thanks for your help. ill report back with good news of wheelies and hopefully decent top speeds.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Ok so I talked to graphite and he basically told me I'm wasting my time trying to jet the stock carb to run with a pod filter. So a buddy found this kit on eBay which is a carb throttle cable air filter and will come with the main and slow jet I choose. Also it's a spiget style carb so I bought a manifold from the same buddy to work with the spiget design. Anywho my question is what jets should I have him send with ball park. Af16 all stock except for the carb manifold and filter
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Btw it's a 17.5 mm and looks like a dellorto carb.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

I was told by graphite I was wasting my time trying to tune the stock carb with a air filter on it. And the reason I can't run a boxes for that I'm trying to keep the stock body panels looking OEM.I already cleaned and try to tune The carburetor with no luck
benji
CB900F
CB900F

Post by benji »

I had a pod filter on my stock motor and I was able to tune it w a naraku jet kit... that I bought from graphite.
Spruckus
Goped
Goped

Post by Spruckus »

Well then I'm confused but oh well I guess I I already bought a new carb throttle cable and filter