Spree or Elite easier to mod?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

Elite-ist wrote:So the Elite S has a better pipe than the SR? Woah I never knew that!

It it worth it to replace my SR one with an S one? The fancy performance racing ones available I have pretty much decided against because of the cost/benefit ratio.
my friend has a Sr pipe on his bike, its not that bad, its just that the elite S pipe has a better down tube.
i mean, its not worth going out and buying a new one. but it is slightly better.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

What's a good price on a 01 elite s with 2400 miles, no broken body panels, brakes good and starts up without twisting the throttle every time?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

all depends on the area, any where from $500-$1200 ($1200 being very max)
1991--------Tomos Targa-
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

ALRIGHT, i'm heading to Chicago suburbia tomorrow to buy my first Elite to add to my 87 spree.

I'll post pics and my reaction on Sunday. Wish me luck, lol.
ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

jonsteffen wrote:ALRIGHT, i'm heading to Chicago suburbia tomorrow to buy my first Elite to add to my 87 spree.

If its that black 01 I saw on craigslist for $650.00, I think its worth the money. I was trying to get my buddy to buy it.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Okay, i'm the proud owner of an 01 Elite S. The guys son laid it down and scraped up lots of the panels, but I still bought it. $575, ran well and braked well.

However, feels like it slightly pulls to the right. The guy replaced the front wheel and bearings, didn't replace the axle bolt and nut though. Could this be causing this slight pull i'm feeling? Guess it's also possible that the accident tweaked one or both of the shocks or front fork.

Probably shoulda passed on this but the motor felt strong and i figured I could just "fix" whatever is causing this slight pull.

Let me know what you guys think.
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

Oh, I was also wondering if the front end is the same on the late 80's and early 90's elites, as well as the 94-01 elites, OR, are the 94-01 elites unique in their front end design?
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

jonsteffen wrote:Oh, I was also wondering if the front end is the same on the late 80's and early 90's elites, as well as the 94-01 elites, OR, are the 94-01 elites unique in their front end design?
88-01 honda elite SA50 all have the same front end.
i have 92 forks and handle bars on my 96.
1991--------Tomos Targa-
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

ALOW1 wrote:
jonsteffen wrote:ALRIGHT, i'm heading to Chicago suburbia tomorrow to buy my first Elite to add to my 87 spree.

If its that black 01 I saw on craigslist for $650.00, I think its worth the money. I was trying to get my buddy to buy it.
It was the one you saw on craigslist. Guy sold it for $575.

So now I need to find a good parts bike to replace the front fork and shocks to see if that cures this "pull"
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

What about the 87 elite, are the front forks the same on there?