homemade 21mm intake

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

steffen707
Elite
Elite

Re: homemade 21mm intake

Post by steffen707 »

dun rite wrote:oh yea forgot about the new v8 exhaust. Actually just as quiet as the factory one that I had.
I'm confused, i bought a v8 exhaust years ago and it was loud as *. Are there different v8 exhausts out there? Not all created equal?
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

deuce217 wrote:I'm confused, i bought a v8 exhaust years ago and it was loud as *. Are there different v8 exhausts out there? Not all created equal?
Don't know, have only owned the one. my factory exhaust was actually kind of loud (or so i think) I'm also rather hard of hearing but the v8 doesn't seem to be much if any louder than my worn out factory one.
taz 50mm bbk, 51g. rollers,1500 c spring
24mm arreche, #20 pilot, E2 needle clip on lower groove
arreche air filter
Naruku intake, reeds & block
v8 pipe
stock gears
trail tech temp & rpm gauges
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

After several hours/miles of riding with the intake I seem to have had a failure. Cracked weld joint. Oh well not going to try and fix it.

I remember reading somewhere about an intake manifold ( think it was either a KOSO or stage6. same company?) That allowed the use of the larger spigot type carbs while still using the stock airfilter. Anyone know anything about this?
Attachments
P4120065.JPG
P4120065.JPG (99.51 KiB) Viewed 1388 times
arreche air filter
v8 pipe
stock gears
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The 2-bolt design is mechanically unstable on the Roll axis. A bracket to support the weight of the carb tied to the belt cover would stabilize and take the stress off the manifold adaptor. Same goes for heavy carbs and airboxes. Remember the engine suffers tarmac jolts without suspension, so bumps hit Hard.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
dun rite
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by dun rite »

Might have been weight from the carb but I kind of thought the stock airbox being bolted to the frame and attached to the carb would hold the weight. probably should not have ground the welds down.
Any idea what manufacture makes the intake adapter that allows use of the factory air box?
arreche air filter
v8 pipe
stock gears