I dont get it

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: I dont get it

Post by kingkamehameha »

Mystic you didnt just hear veedub? The carb is too small. Your asking how to make your top end speed higher and im telling you its too small get a 24 you wont be dissapointed. You even admited that your tuning skills are no good. You ask for advise and then reject it when its given. You guys in the mainland are so stubborn. I bet my bike with the huge 28mm has more low end than your bike mystic and your bike bear. Swimmin free you must be on drugs cause the timing light will do nothing. That aplies to 4t motors that have a OHC and ajustable valves. Since a two stroke has no valves the only timing that can be ajusted is the exhaust port timing.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

kingkamehameha
im not try to start a thing with you
if what you saying is it dose not mater when the plus fires???
is the pickup the thing that starts the hole thing ????
the pick up is what start the firing when it trips then it gose to the cdi then the coil then plug ...
swimmingfree

no im not saying that is what is going on here but it was just my input ...
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
guen84
Spree
Spree

Post by guen84 »

kingkamehameha wrote:Mystic you didnt just hear veedub? The carb is too small. Your asking how to make your top end speed higher and im telling you its too small get a 24 you wont be dissapointed. You even admited that your tuning skills are no good. You ask for advise and then reject it when its given. You guys in the mainland are so stubborn. I bet my bike with the huge 28mm has more low end than your bike mystic and your bike bear. Swimmin free you must be on drugs cause the timing light will do nothing. That aplies to 4t motors that have a OHC and ajustable valves. Since a two stroke has no valves the only timing that can be ajusted is the exhaust port timing.

i disagree, timing is everything on any engine, timing determines if your engines gonna run or not, you can even buy advanced timing keys to get higher rpms out of a 2 stroke.. im a fan of big carbs myself, but that is not his issue, he should be getting over 43 with a stock carb... should be around 50 with 9.1's just my opinion..
2001 Elite,50mm bbk, 44.1 mm mini stroker
28mm oko carb, no restriction air filter, ct intake
zx clutch, polini for ruckus vari, pg long, 7.7 gears

1999 Elite 51mm bbk, oko vari, sef ramp plate, 8.44 gears
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

You can advance the timing on 2 stroke motors but in this case the timing has nothing to do with why his bike is not going as fast as its suppose to. Carb size is not the issue either. A all stock cylinder,carb and exhaust with 10to1 gears will do 50mph so there is a issue going on with his setup. With 9to1 gears and a 72cc kit the bike should get to 50mph pretty fast and easy.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Oh and the 28mm carb with 72cc setup is a copy cat fad in hawaii. To much carb for a motor that doesn't flow enough air and fuel. I also want to add that the mainland guys hold the world record for fastest 2 stroke 50cc at 149mph. Doesn't matter that its not a honda elite. A 2stroke motor is a 2stroke motor.doesn't matter what kind,they all work the same.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

what if his timing is retard what wood happen then???
lack of hp and rpm like a retreated cdi box it wood not get the max rpm to get max speed... and it wood lose power at a lower rpm .. im gussing of cors but by the photo i stole from here hes doing about 7500 rpm thats if the variator is working right
swimmingfree

there is two side of timing ...

By freeswimming at 2011-10-25
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

I am not ignoring your advise King it just that I dont agree that a bigger carb is going to solve my problem. This is what I have so this is what I have to work with. A stock carb with the 72 will do better than 45mph. Also your opinion that my jets are too small is incorrect I tried the 118 I have in every clip position as well as 107 and 103 still bogs over half throttle and WOT progressively better each time I drop jet sizes. With the large jets each time I try to go full throttle and it bogs when I let off the throttle it dies if I dont feather it which would suggest to me that it is flooding the engine up top
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Do you have a Tach? If so, what are your RPMs when you crack it wide open? The bogging might not be carb tuning, but the vario stuffing the engine and keeping the revs below its power peak. 9 Gram rollers sound really heavy for that setup. Try swapping 3 of the 9s for 8s and see if it's better or worse.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Pull the plug when it dies like that and see what it looks like. Do you have any of the carb breather vents plugged up? It sure sounds like 1 or more of them has been plugged up. The 1 on the bottom of the bowl should have a hose connected to it and ran to the back towards the trans to drain. The 1 on the sideof the carb same thing. If any of those are plugged, the bowl will not fill with gas.
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

Baka, I thought the outlet on the bottom of the bowl was a drain hole, I know the vent on the backside isnt clogged because I use that to pour the fuel out of hte carb back into the tank before I change the jets so I dont waste it. ok I will try that Wheelman I got some 7s to mix with the 9s to get 8. Also marked the vari and the belt rides all the way to the edge. I skipped the 100 main since I fooled with it yesterday and it still felt like a very slight bog WOT the 95 with the clip in the middle accels pretty smooth all the way through though no bog at WOT it just seems flat like my RPMS have reached a plateau at 44mph exactly. Also would the lucas oil I am using be any different as far as ratio compared to the thicker oils you guys use? it is designed to be a thinner semi synthetic. Could the kymco pipe though it has no washer in the header be designed to reach rpms lower than that of the stock elite pipe?

--no tach I have to tune by feel though I do have a digital Tru Temp thermometer with a long metal probe I think it is for food hahhaha though not as accurate temps didnt exceed 240F
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
guen84
Spree
Spree

Post by guen84 »

try looking into the air filter had the same issues a while back and filter was dirty.. when your tunning its needs to be clean other wise youll get some bad feed back... check your oil plug if u got one, and for leaks a round exhaust flange, stock pipe was made to fit onto stock size bore.. this stuff sounds stupid but some times thats all it is, something stupid....
2001 Elite,50mm bbk, 44.1 mm mini stroker
28mm oko carb, no restriction air filter, ct intake
zx clutch, polini for ruckus vari, pg long, 7.7 gears

1999 Elite 51mm bbk, oko vari, sef ramp plate, 8.44 gears
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

This is the bore off my elite. I had stock carb (upjetted), stock airbox with 2nd tab punched out, stock clutch, and stock pipe. I got to and held 58 mph easily. kingkamehameha his carb is not too small and his pipe is not holding him back....but i'm just a stubborn mainlander :eyeroll:.

My aftermarket setup was:

Polini Contesta
9:1 gears
Polini for Ruckus variator
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by bakaracer »

Don't go by that temp gauge your using. By the time you stop and check the temp, its going to cool off by fuel and air really fast. And anyways 240deg F is way to cool at wot. That more a idle1800 to 2400 rpm temp on a 80deg day. That nipple on the bottom of the float bowl is a vent also. That's where that brass tube in the bowl goes to.its also a drain too
Thanks to my sponsors
90 honda dio sp 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

:D gained 1mph by going to 8g at 45mph exactly i hit 44 at a little over half throttle. Will take the carb off and check that drain vent, clean the pod filter, and up to a 100 main. May drop to 7g and see where that puts me. I am tempted to put on the stock elite exhaust and see what I get versus the kymco. Thanks for the help and advice guys
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

The first thing i would do before coming on here and asking for a magic answer is change your spark plug cuz. I like da 26mm carb its just right
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii