Malossi bore discussion - split from Builds forum

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Malossi bore discussion - split from Builds forum

Post by kingkamehameha »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Quoth King: "...gears have nothing to do with RPM..."
Say WHUT?! Once the variator maxes engine RPM climbs linearly with groundspeed. Wind drag balances power. Too-short gears let engine over-rev to internal limit. Too-tall gears leave power on the table at submaximal RPM.
I do know what you meant to say. Care to rephrase?
Ok the way you phrased it is spot on but i dont believe that going with taller gears is going to raisr your max rpms as stated "might have gotten to 11k with lower gears". In that case you would be raising your top speed and still maxing the bore out at the same rpms with some suffering down low.
ua mau ke 'ea o ka aina i ka pono o hawaii
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Ok i mistook when you said lower gears i thought you meant taller now we on the same page haha
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Sorry to say but a digital.tach and an analog tach side by side saying 13,480 is probably not wrong. But hey you know it all. I have a video up hitting 12,860 on the mhr extremely ported and block same. The set up was running rich that day as the egt shows. I don't care what you say, proof is in the puddin.
Porting the corsa is easy, Ive had 3. Never had an issue with porting any of them, nor has anyone I know who runs them. I'm not the only person who's done this, not sure why this is all news to some.
As for out thinking the good ol Italian engineers, they made the cylinder to their specs which didn't include 13k+ runs for their racing. All I did was change the angles and slight timing height of the exhaust and boost ports. Why does everyone keep making out porting to be such a high stress event.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

LoveMyHonda wrote:Sorry to say but a digital.tach and an analog tach side by side saying 13,480 is probably not wrong. But hey you know it all. I have a video up hitting 12,860 on the mhr extremely ported and block same. The set up was running rich that day as the egt shows. I don't care what you say, proof is in the puddin.
Porting the corsa is easy, Ive had 3. Never had an issue with porting any of them, nor has anyone I know who runs them. I'm not the only person who's done this, not sure why this is all news to some.
As for out thinking the good ol Italian engineers, they made the cylinder to their specs which didn't include 13k+ runs for their racing. All I did was change the angles and slight timing height of the exhaust and boost ports. Why does everyone keep making out porting to be such a high stress event.
Show me the math and port maps you have. Polini and malossi designed these bores for maximum revs. You didnt tell me how you avoided chipping the nickle silicon and i would like to see pics of your so called porting. Where is your dental dremel and diamond bits? I still call bs bs bs bs bs bs bs. Your saying you ony touched the exhaust and boost ports? Its imposible to reach 13k+ without touching the TRANSFERS. I call liar
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

First off show me where I said I didn't fully port it. I did indeed fully port it, and don't doubt my tools. I have 36 years of collecting tools you have never seen or heard of. Not everyone online is full of bs, I've done the video and you can't dispute it. King sit down, relax a little and remember you're not the only out there who's built an engine. I bought brand new a rz500 and rebuilt it completely years later at probably the same age you are now. I've done my time and had my fun, I'm just passing along what I can. Anything I say I 100% fully back it.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

And if you can't figure out how to smooth a transfer on a corsa I feel for ya. My Athena kits are by far nicer and same material, easy porting as well. You want to say those were impossible to port as well? Just let it be if you've never tried.
When I say angles I mean degree angle of transfer BTW but I figure you would know this and I wouldn't have to add it. Guess I over shot the level.
Thus is the reason I'm signing out again, gluck n have a good one.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

Show the video for proof you never proved anythig and i still say your claims of 13k plus on these bores are lies.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Search for it yourself, its funny how kids with no balls go online calling people liars. Next time I see anything you post I'm just going to call you a liar. See how you like it, like I said I've posted a video hitting near 13k running pig rich. When you look outside your door what do you see? I see a bored and stroked blaster, 2 maico 490s, 700 raptor, bored stroked cr250, Athena kx250, 2 Athena kx65s, 2 zx50s with corsas, elite lx zx50 swap full mhr , ke125 high comp piston vintage 70s ram intake 32mm mik, bassani pipe custom rotary valve, lt80 bored stroked. This is just in my backyard.
I have near 30,000$ in new and vintage bikes in my other garage along with 20k in street bikes, in Australia I have bikes you've never seen before. I have no reason to lie about a scooter and the sooner you realize this the better you can understand its not impossible. I'll post a pic in a sec out my back door and everything was built by me.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

If needed I can go take more pics of the shed we just built that has more bikes.
kingkamehameha
CB900F
CB900F

Post by kingkamehameha »

I still dont believe your hitting that high on the corsa or mhr. Post as many pics as you want
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

There you go big talker, heres the stand run with it being pig rich like I said earlier, if I felt like it Id go do another video with the right jet in it but youre not worth it. I dont just talk I do things, unlike some people.
http://s1305.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 3.mp4.html heres another link to it incase it doesnt work.
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

I see im not thee only one who thinks this guys knows it all..like he said sit down a minute man.. :*:
Honda super dio
Corsa
26mm
Sparrow
Downsouthdio
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Downsouthdio »

Now someone will say that the video is wrong or somethin
Honda super dio
Corsa