My 2000 Elite SA50P quest for 45mph

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Bman5000
BMX
BMX

Re: My 2000 Elite SA50P quest for 45mph

Post by Bman5000 »

gracias
maxxVE
BMX
BMX

Post by maxxVE »

Bfowler is exactly right. And Taz is great to work with and i will continue to purchase from him. I also got my #85 Main Jet from partzilla.com

Good luck! Mine has been running so well that I haven't even put the 9:1 gears in yet. I'm still not sure i want to give up a ton of acceleration. I'm already burying the needle into the "mph" letters on the speedometer.
JJ Joseph
Spree
Spree

Post by JJ Joseph »

maxxVE wrote:My goal is 45mph without going the bbk route.
To get to 45mph out of 50cc, you'll need about 12,000rpm with stock gears. A Scorpion exhaust and aftermarket carb/manifold will get you part way there. Your stock reed valve will eventually shatter at these revs, so change to a carbon-fibre type.

NOTE: the higher the rpm, the more oil you'll need in your mix to keep your piston from melting. You'll need LOTS of oil at 12,000rpm, as much as 20:1 (compared to 50:1 for a stock unit). Keep the oil pump since it keeps some oil flowing when your throttle is closed.
W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

Post by W8kbrder »

JJ Joseph wrote:
maxxVE wrote:My goal is 45mph without going the bbk route.
To get to 45mph out of 50cc, you'll need about 12,000rpm with stock gears. A Scorpion exhaust and aftermarket carb/manifold will get you part way there. Your stock reed valve will eventually shatter at these revs, so change to a carbon-fibre type.

NOTE: the higher the rpm, the more oil you'll need in your mix to keep your piston from melting. You'll need LOTS of oil at 12,000rpm, as much as 20:1 (compared to 50:1 for a stock unit). Keep the oil pump since it keeps some oil flowing when your throttle is closed.
What pre-mix ratio would you go with if you did not have a BBK?
2001 Honda Elite S (De-restricted)
|Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights|De-restricted Exhaust|Oil Pump Delete|1.5k Center Clutch Spring|2k Clutch Grabbers|.88 Main Jet|2nd Airbox Tab Removed|9:1 gears|49mph GPS confirmed|
W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

Post by W8kbrder »

maxxVE wrote:Hi All -

Should I hold off on riding it until I get the #85 main jet installed? Do you think what I've got planned will get me to 45mph or do you think what's already done should have me goign faster than 34? What other things could I look for? I was considering a new belt because the previous owner said he didn't change it out.

Thanks!
Hey maxx

Hope you acoomplish your quest to reach 45mph. My 2001 Elite S was averaging 43mph flat land with everything in my signature (except for the 9:1 gears). I just recently installed them but have not had a chance to see how much speed I pick up. The .88 main jet, performance variator, rollers, clutch main spring, and clutch grabber springs made a HUGE difference from stock. Going downhill it was scream but definitly passed 45mph. So I'm hoping the new gears will make it even better....only I think I'm not going to be able to test the difference between stock gears and the 9:1 gears as I'm going to go ahead and install the 50mm big bore kit that Taz offers while I"ve got everything apart.
|Prodigy Variator w/ 9g weights|De-restricted Exhaust|Oil Pump Delete|1.5k Center Clutch Spring|2k Clutch Grabbers|.88 Main Jet|2nd Airbox Tab Removed|9:1 gears|49mph GPS confirmed|
maxxVE
BMX
BMX

Post by maxxVE »

I actually haven't had a chance to install the 9:1 gears yet. I've been able to cruise pretty well at that 40-45mph range so I've been happy just riding it. I actually just shot Taz a note and asked about his 50mm kit. I was thinking of doing the same thing and tackling it all at once. I haven't been able to find a good walk-through with pictures of a bbk install. You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would you? It'd be good to find somebody locally to help if needed.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Flash 3's engine was ALL stock. Not even a punched out airbox tab. Installed a Polini-for-Dio variator, 90/90 tire, and 9:1 gears and recorded 49mph on GPS. 50 is possible with a less aerodynamically-challenged rider than myself. Wheelman don't tuck. Probably coulda done 50 by taking off mirrors...
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

maxxVE wrote: You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would you?
Where in michigan are you?
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
maxxVE
BMX
BMX

Post by maxxVE »

evilone wrote:
maxxVE wrote: You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would you?
Where in michigan are you?
I'm in the Midland, Saginaw, Bay City area. I'm frequently over on the west side of the state though because I've got family in Holland.
W8kbrder
Goped
Goped

Post by W8kbrder »

maxxVE wrote:I actually haven't had a chance to install the 9:1 gears yet. I've been able to cruise pretty well at that 40-45mph range so I've been happy just riding it. I actually just shot Taz a note and asked about his 50mm kit. I was thinking of doing the same thing and tackling it all at once. I haven't been able to find a good walk-through with pictures of a bbk install. You wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would you? It'd be good to find somebody locally to help if needed.
I'm in NC...but as soon as I dig in, I'm going to do a detailed write-up with pictures.

This thread may help: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12439