Corsa line

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Corsa line

Post by LMH »

You never said anything about a seize. If you would have said it seized in the beginning we could have told you there's an air leak for 100% certainty.
And if you're going to post pictures make sure they are relavent to the issue at hand. To anyone it looks like you're trying to show where it matches up. To anyone who's looking at it and knows corsa knows you showed us the boost port side of th piston. Why you would show the opposite side of what you're trying to have use diagnose for you online the world may never know. But this much for certain you had a very close 4 corner seizure.
This is the last bit of imformation you'll get from me. If you had said it seized from the get go we could have told you days ago and no one would have had to go back and forth.
Best of luck and try not to critique help when you yourself have no clue what makes the little engine spin let alone take some simple correct pics of what's wrong.
Last edited by LMH on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

12gauge wrote:I had my scoot all finished not gona lie I broke my new corsa in kinda hard but I had bigger than needed jet had way more than needed oil. And did heat cycles first... So now I have two questions I took all of my profoance parts off to swap them to newer block so my first question is do I need to break in again and second. Inside the cylinder there were two lines about .5cm wide on exaughst port side. There not deep like a soft sieze there not grooved at all it's just darker it's on piston two but hardly. Please give good info
Please give good info..... Not deep like a soft seize.... I'm sure of this, I'm steering clear of anyone with less than 200 posts from now on. Or better yet just flip a coin, just about as much luck. These people get mad when someone online give them a diagnosis that isn't right due to lack of, oh let's say the op has no clue how to read a link I sent for piston diagnosis, or they can't give pictures that are what's wrong, or worse yet call you dumb because they can't figure out a simple engine with only 7 moving parts. Well call me dumb and give me a drool bucket then if that's the way life really is.
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

I took it out a week ago just looked again yesterday I forgot about sieze on back And I know what makes the engine spin it's my job but I don't under stand y there is one small sieze on boost port side. And two smooth marks on. Exaughst port side Every thing was running fine the exaughst from what I could tell was seated great with no leak Sorry for the dumb comment but I said three times prior that it was in right
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Could leak have been anywhere else
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

too late
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
bfowler
Elite
Elite

Post by bfowler »

lol call people dumb who are trying to help you. the only reason why we keep saying you installed it backwards is because of your horribly misleading pictures which show the exhaust side of the cylinder with a scratch and the boost port side of the piston. obviously we are going to assume you installed it backwards if thats all we see, as how else would there be the same scratch on opposite sides? AND on top of that you somehow "forgot" to tell us that there was a soft seize. Not too sure who the "dumb" one truly is here. But good luck getting advice from others at this point lol

:popcorn:
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Wats to late
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Fdnsman My exaughst lines up ever so slight of an angle But I had the gasket in and It didn't feel like there was a leak could it leak from somewhere else. And also how do I leak test
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

I did 9 heat cycles wit blipping every 3 seconds for 3 minuts at a time then rode 4 times for about 5-10 minuts a piece I realy don't think my carb is lean it's a 24 mm oko with a 135 main How do I leK test with out tool
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Does a contesta fit sa50 with no altering
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

not me im stupid
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Graphite it was all hooked up right I used gasket seal on cylinder to block. I thing it's my oil plug possibly And that's only because I don't thing it's anything else
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

Rane fine but I made oil plug right before I put Polini on and it sits funny I think I'm just going to get a corsa and take 200% precautions to make perfect
Meejacob
Spree
Spree

Post by Meejacob »

Not to be a * or anything but why spend MORE money on a new high quality bore when you dont know what youre doing? Finding a leak is more than just looking at it and saying "hmmm, well it looks fine", the tiniest leak will blow the s*** out of your $300 bore. Before you purchase another bore i advise you to learn how to properly install the bore kit you have now. Leaks and all. Also if you dont have both sides of the fan shroud i would buy those before you purchase another bore. Youll just blow that one up too. Perhaps a temp gauge would be ideal for you also
12gauge
Spree
Spree

Post by 12gauge »

I no how to install just perfect bud. The thing is the piston and cylinder are already messed up. It cost just as much to get a piston kit and cylinder honed I found the leak it was exhaust. And a little bit of my oil plug f*** up.