corsa running cold

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Re: corsa running cold

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Sweet thanks I'll check it and see where I'm at. Thanks
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

the old one says pw24 and the one I got from G9 is N80f. I might just buy that polini needle kit and try to figure out which one works. Ill try to get some measurements on the needle and compare. that chart on the polini needles is a bit confusing but Ill figure it out.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Pulled the trigger on the needles. But figured I'd see what I can do with this one. Lowered to clip to center and put in a 102 and it isles well and it rides so that's good. Will hook up tach and take it for a spin hopefully today
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Good luck.. I feel for ya. Tuning is a b****!
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

thanks Dirty. well I put in a new plug a warm weather plug as its pretty warm right now.and thats all I have till honda opens tomorrow. took it for a spin. max rpms was 9600 going down a slight hill ran great. on flat I noticed that around 8600 rpms I can feel it start to fade. traffic was heavy so I couldnt really get on it to hard. max temps were around 320 so atleast my temps are back up. according to G9 im to fat hence the bent plug(bottomed out) 9k on the shock its time for a new one i guess. so the question is how do i find where the power band is? if I knew what I was shooting for then I could probably figure out my rollers but Im not sure what Im looking for rpm wise. gonna ride it home tonight and get a better feel for it. other than that its running and that makes me happy. hate driving the CRV in 65 degree weather. running 32 slow 102 main needle clip in the middle for reference with 6/5.5 rollers.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

The powerband could be really easy to find or very difficult. It is based on your pipe and cylinder port timings. A pipe has a certain rpm range that it makes power. That is set in stone. Tuners modify their cylinders to match the pipes rpm power range.

Have you ever ridden a 2 stroke dirt bike? Generally, they have a very narrow powerband. You can hit the the gas a lil, and feel not much power at all, then when the rpms get just right it launches like a bat oitta *. Thats the powerband. Its equivalent to a womans gspot. :)

A dyno shows a powerband as a visual thing. Most of us use a butt dyno. The RPM where your scooter has best acceleration and most power is where you want to be.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Been bout 20 years since I've ridden a dirt bike. Now would be a good time to get it to G9s Dyno. Rode it home same issue. From 8600 to 9k up any hill it starts to fall on its face. If I feather it I can get it back up to have the same issue. Still running a bit rich but do much better.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Not sure where the sweet spot between your pipe and cylinder is, but the power band is when they are tuned together and it's almost like a boost area in your throttle. On a dirt bike you can "ride the pipe" in your power band and have killer power all the the time instead of lugging it
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Been running 5.5g rollers. Wants to top at 9500rpm but won't stay for long. Any kinda hill it bogs. Gonna expirement with heavy rollers next. Waiting for the throttle needles to arrive so I can get the right one in. It runs ok but losing power at full throttle still running a 100 main now. Temps are maxing at 350. Gonna be on vacation for a week next week hoping to meet up with G9 when I get back and get her dialed in. Will keep trying different combos till then.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

You have not said you tried the yellow center(torque) spring. Use a heavier center spring in your clutch and see if that keeps you from bogging while going up a hill.
Also, check vacuum line to the petcock for leaks.
Are you sure it is completely broken-in yet?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Please explain warm weather plug? What changes?
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

G9 is getting yellow contras in very soon and will throw that in and see. Not sure the technical difference in plug but the cold plus burns hotter than the warm weather plug. Could be off on that but in colder weTher it's advised to use the cold weather plug. I'm sure someone has a better understanding. My contra is definitely a problem. Squishy on the throttle.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Ok. I think he has them now. I was just wondering what plugs you were using.... heat series wise.

Like a 9 plug burns hotter that a 10 plug to clean itself. I'd like to see a pic of your plugs insulator.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

http://www.ngksparkplugs.com/tech_suppo ... ugs/p2.asp

pretty good summary on cold vs hot. I honestly used the warm one I think its an 8 ngk only because that was the best plug I had. it was new. not sure how much of a difference they make.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Isn't the 8hs the proper plug to be using on these bbk's?
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~