New member wants a few more MPH

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

bakaracer
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: New member wants a few more MPH

Post by bakaracer »

Bear45-70 wrote:
WilliamK wrote:Ran into a brick wall...my kingdom for a ball hone. My luck, no one around here sells them cept by mail order.
You can NOT use a ball hone on a 2 stroke, You will just break all the balls on the ports and scar up the cylinder walls and port openings.
Accually bear the flex hone is beeter for 2stroke cylinders. The brake hone tends to chip or even break the dividers on scooter cylinders.they also make the edge of the ports sharp so you have to go back and shamfer the edges with a dremel. The flex hone eliminates that problem and the don't break off into the port like you say they do. Pretty much all the pro 2stroke engine builders except the older old school engine builders use them now. It not only hones the cylinder but is massages the ports and shamfers the edges for you at the same time. That's why they came out with the flex hone design.
Nothing like getting stroked!
Thanks to my sponsors
Nos Energy Drinks,themopedcompany.com,nwautoevents.com,Cycle Gear
90 honda dio sp 72cc
87 elite 50 s with 86cc watercooled mini stroke
87 elite 50 race bike mhr 72cc
91 yamaha tzr 250r
WilliamK
Goped
Goped

Post by WilliamK »

after a few runs and break in time...I ran across a few problems. Throttle was very touchey. After running for a few miles nonstop it would backfire and shut down. Unable to adjust carb over 1/2 turn.
I removed the carb and recleaned it. Removed the #88 jet. Drilled out my old #68 jet to #76 and reinstalled it.

I now have full throttle control and able to adjust carb to 1.5+ turns...what a diff....she will do 40mph no problem.. :coolcruise:
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

nice! great work so far! :thumbsup:
WilliamK
Goped
Goped

Post by WilliamK »

Thought I did a good job for someone who is new to this style of transportation. Little did I know and tring to tell good parts from bad. Someone here offered me a set of variators at a good price but I wanted new...so I ordered it. Took a long time to get cause of vacation but when it arrived, I was proud....job finished and well done...........not......
I have the speed I want....the look I want....but the parts are failling and no reassone why.
Granted this is a learning process and allot of it is just my own bad luck. I don't blame the people I bought the parts from cause how would they know...ie prepackaged. They have all been great on service and knowledge...thanks to all. Never fail, always move forward!!!