Finding an Oil Pump Delete Plug for NQ50.

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Re: Finding an Oil Pump Delete Plug for NQ50.

Post by jakubman1 »

Did you Polish the needle seat with a qTip and toothpaste?
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

nah, I did a quick spray and blow. Once my gasket kit arrives and I break the carb down again, I'll take my time and do a thorough job. I'll hit it with a soft bristle toothbrush and get all the yellowish gunk off. When I cleaned it the first time I just made sure nothing was plugged or restricted. It was filthy and I was just trying to get it running. Toothpaste, huh? Does that remove varnish from the seat? How bout the needle tip? Whats the best way to get that clean without damaging the rubber?
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

I just replaced my needle when I did it. You take a qtip and take some of the cotton off so it can reach down in there put toothpaste on the qtip and swirl away. Then clean it with cleaner and.it should.come out.shiny. there is a tek on wikispreedia bout it I think. Make.sure.gaskets and stuff are oem. Not.Chinese ping pong
Meatball
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Meatball »

I ordered the gasket set directly from a Honda dealer. The guy told me theres a place "vintage cycles" or something like that that Honda sends all of their old stock OEM parts to so they don't have to house them all. A third party that just stores old parts and just ships out when ordered by dealers. That's who they order directly from. Too bad they don't have a website that shows inventory so I can see what OEM parts they actually have.
I need to find some new haters...the ones I have are starting to like me.
jakubman1
Elite
Elite

Post by jakubman1 »

:thumbsup: