It is quiet

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

It is quiet

Post by elitedio »

I mentioned that I thought my 89 eliteE was quiet with my expansion chamber but heard from the boss that it was barely quiet. I had gotten a YZ125 silencer but realized that it was as long as my expansion chamber and was a no go no room.
My stinger is mounted inside the pipe and when I ran the calculations it was at least 20% larger than optimum although it was the same size as was on the original pipe. Guess it is time to add a silencer.

My new silencer was twice as long as I wanted. What was I to do. Cut it in half.
Jetting a two stroke involves getting too rich then going down. I have been able to bring the jetting leaner and faster. Stronger than ever acceleration
The bike is now quiet and fast.

The rest of the afternoon was spent on sanding off the layers of various types of spray paint on the back panels. One side was pink and the other black. Go figure.

Oh I also cut off 3" from each rear view mirror.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA