Dio Gears in a SE50?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Re: gearing

Post by PimpinSpree »

EliteS120ccJDM wrote:On my 98 elite S (purple)..I put dio gears 16x42..and they fit like a glove...I guess the 94-01 SA50 S block is the exact same as the dio...all my upgrades all say dio..and they all work beautifully..and fit like a glove..
thats because it is a dio ;) It has the same motor as a honda dio, and everyone refers to 94-01 elites as dios
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Lol...I NEED dio stickers..loll..na I need the jdm rear tail light..
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

I go those in my hand , JDM tail , not the one , pat sell on ebay, :D
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

just to let u all know, your all in for a treat for what i got going for my SE engine. still have my gears. i wanna wait till i have all my parts together then ill post the pics. to whoever put this topic as a "sticky" thanks. :D being that the riding season is just about over, big plans coming for the aero this winter. :twisted:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
AerosRule
Noob
Noob

Aero 125 (NH125) gear upgrade badly needed

Post by AerosRule »

da808fokai wrote:
Stock countershaft length: 1.180"
Aftermarket dio countershaft length: 1.285"
I had 0.105" taken off removed from the inner (spline side) of the dio counter gear.

http://gallery.me.com/vhjohnson#gallery
Are you sure the countershaft is only 1.285 inches? Dang, I was hoping to use this mod (dio gears, 6.4 to 1) on my 84 NH125, as the bearing #'s match on the parts diagrams to my bike. I convert that to mm and I get 32.64mm. The Aero's countershaft I measure at 60.5mm, coincidentally the same size as the Chinese clone GY6 125 and 150cc 4-stroke motors, which unfortunately have a 15mm diameter at each end, while my Aero 125 is 14mm. I have no good leads on an inexpensive local machine shop, so I am trying to avoid parts I cannot modify/install myself.

Can folks here please check out the PDF I made of the Aero 125 tranny components and let me know what parts might work for taller gearing? I would greatly appreciate it. Attachments don't seem to be allowed, so here is a link to where it is posted in post #8.

http://www.provoscooter.com/vbull/attac ... entid=5358
AerosRule
Noob
Noob

Re: *? Post unrelated put here, but I still need gear info

Post by AerosRule »

I have no idea how the above dude's post got put in here.....but I am still looking for detailed and measurements on each of the Dio/Elite's shafts so that I can see what could be made to work in my NH125. Thanks!
Wheelman-111

SE50/SA50 Gear Swap Concise

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

It may be time to simplify.

Reading through eight pages of sometimes contradictory information did not provide reliable step-by-step information.

I'm going to look for a used rear cover with which to experiment. If I find one I will chronicle my own gear swap - see new Performance Tech thread.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
EliteS120ccJDM
Spree
Spree

Post by EliteS120ccJDM »

Dac wrote:yeah, i got my 92 SA50 motor sitting in my shed. Right now it dont have a cylinder but the rest is all there.

Im really thinking about tearing it all apart and milling the case to accept Dio bores. Then taking apart the rest and modding it to accept dio gears.
wait.....isnt the se50 block like the spree block...or was 90-93 a whole diffrent block?
1998 honda elite S (purple)
Stroked out to 120cc
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Re: Dio Gears in a SE50?

Post by PimpinSpree »

i just wanted to say im still going strong with my gears, and there was no machining neccassary with mine, only other piece i needed was i robbed a really thin washer from a spree gear set

has anyone else done this?