Dio Gears in a SE50?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

stangman
Noob
Noob

Post by stangman »

hay chevyguy is it going to work or what hurry up i need a set i dont think it will work just j/k i know it will
Burgleflickle
BMX
BMX

Post by Burgleflickle »

any word yet?
"This whole thing is a travesty and a sham and a mockery! It's a traveshamockery!"

"No making up words sir."

"Burgleflickle!"
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

im having my buddy i work with machine the gears. he has one of em done, im just waiting on my axle now. lol, dont worry, ill be taking a lot of pics on this topic. 8) :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

ok, now i have my baseline of where my aero stands as of right now. id say around 42mph. 8)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iIrqzPQH0gQ
~2004 Geely Fashion~
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by noiseguy »

Did this work out for you guy? If so I'd like to post this into adv tech docs.

Not sure how you handled the gear fitment, but I think that rather than welding it I would turn down the shaft on a lathe and press-fit the gear onto the shaft. my concern with welding would be shaft distortion.
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

I'm also interested if this works, not really because I'd recommend it but because I don't recommend it, some of you may have even heard me say this :D . The thing I want to know if how much this would have costed you if your friend wasn't the one doing it for you and would it have been cheaper to get certain items custom made.

Also as noiseguy said, watch for the warping or changing the tempering of metal when it is welding, press fitting is better IMO.
VTCycles.com for performance parts.
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, the gears are done. i ended up useing a buddies stock dio shaft with the aftermarket gear already on it. i still have to take some pics with the gears in the block. they all fit like they should. had to eliminate one of the red plastic washers. its a perfect fit. ill get some pics for u all by the weekend. :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

chevyguyjay wrote:well, the gears are done. i ended up useing a buddies stock dio shaft with the aftermarket gear already on it. i still have to take some pics with the gears in the block. they all fit like they should. had to eliminate one of the red plastic washers. its a perfect fit. ill get some pics for u all by the weekend. :wink:
awesome, way to stay on top of it
projects galore :nerd:
Keoni
Goped
Goped

Post by Keoni »

I forgot to mention why not just using all the Dio gears, in theory they should jsut fit right inside and be much easier to install.
VTCycles.com for performance parts.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

any update?
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, i did put them in, but because i didnt have a bore kit, i had no take off. another sucky thing is, my speedo stops moving once it hits the "F" mark on the fuel gauge. i did notice top end, but how much......no idea. the gear swap DOES work. when i get time, im going to install the gears in my buddies spree with the NB50 engine. his engine has all the gooodies. once in start putting these gears in, believe me, u will c a lot of pics. :wink:
~2004 Geely Fashion~
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

so was it really pretty easy? I know a machinist that would help me
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

so you gonna make a more in depth how-to? are performance gears all i would need to order, and then have the shaft machined to accept it?
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

PimpinSpree wrote:so you gonna make a more in depth how-to? are performance gears all i would need to order, and then have the shaft machined to accept it?
The way I understand it, you pull all three shafts along with all spacers and washers from a dio and its a drop in.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
PimpinSpree
Elite
Elite

Post by PimpinSpree »

if i could get those gears couldn't i just get the motor though?